Connect with us

EVENTS

FCT MINISTER HOLDS SEND FORTH RECEPTION FOR AIG IGWEH AND ADG MU’AZU

Published

on

Spread the love

…Commends them for meritorious service in the FCT

1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has commended the immediate past FCT Commissioner of Police, Benneth Igweh, and the former Director, Department of State Security Services (DSS), FCT Command, Assistant Director General Ado Mu’azu for their meritorious services to the FCT in the course of their assignments in the nation’s capital.

2. Barr. Wike who made the commendation during a reception organized in honour of the duo at his official residence in Life Camp, Abuja, on Saturday, August 14, 2024 said their promotion is in recognition of their hard work and commitment to service to the nation.

3. The FCT Minister while acknowledging the contributions of Igweh to the protection of lives and property in the FCT said the reception was organized to recognize their efforts during their lifetime.

4. He stressed the importance of giving recognition to those deserving of such during their lifetime and thanked God Almighty for sparing their lives in the discharge of their duties in the FCT and subsequent elevation to higher ranks.

5. He said, “I’ve always said that people who are committed, people who make sacrifice … I don’t believe it’s only when you die that people will honour and reward you.

6. “While you are alive and you have worked, you should be remembered and that is why we said these two gentlemen who have worked with us, to make all of us sleep well with our two eyes closed, it’s important we honour them, we thank them for their services”.

7. “All of us can attest to the fact that AIG Igweh is a committed police officer who is determined to fight criminality and criminals. We thank God Almighty that God saved his life.

8. Speaking on ADG Mu’azu, the Minister said “The Assistant Director General Mu’azu, very quiet but very committed. I thank the new DG of the State Security Services for seeing him worthy to be promoted for him to work at the national level”.

9. The Minister also thanked the Inspector General of Police, for appointing Bennett Igweh whom he described as a rugged officer that knows the terrain of the FCT as the AIG in charge of Zone 7 which comprises the FCT, Kaduna and Niger States.

10. Confessing that he was initially worried over the possibility of losing the services of Igweh, following his elevation, expressed relief when he was assured that the former CP will still be within the FCT jurisdiction.

11. Thanking the AIG, Barrister Wike said “I know the role you play, sleepless nights sometimes. You work relentlessly to keep FCT safe. I know as the Minister, the security reports I get every day, if the people of the FCT know what you have put in place, the efforts you make to combat crime, all the things you have been doing; Every day, I get the security reports, I get the criminals, look at the kind of guns they carry. You arrest them but you don’t go on television except when it is necessary to announce it. So, Nigerians should know that you are doing a lot. So, I thank you. On behalf of the FCT, we must say thank you.

12. “Also, I would say to Muazu, thank the DG for identifying your qualities and also bringing you to the National Headquarters so that you can be of immense help to him and the FCT”, the FCT Minister stressed.

13. He urged the security officials to continue to serve their fatherland with the same spirit and commitment and also support the government to protect the lives of the citizens

14. The FCT Minister also thanked other security agencies for their cooperative and collaborative efforts in ensuring the security of the FCT.

15. Earlier in his remark, the immediate past FCT Commissioner of Police, Benneth Igweh, thanked the FCT Minister for his support during his tenure as the FCT Commissioner of Police and for the recognition.

16. He stressed the commitment of the security agencies to the protection of lives and property in the FCT and also pledged to continue to do his best to ensure the safety of the FCT as the AIG in charge of Zone 7.

17. Igweh used the opportunity to warn criminal elements in the FCT of his continued presence as the AIG Zone 7 in charge of the FCT which he said has given him more powers to bring the fight to them.

18. He said, “I want to inform Abuja residents, I am still around. I am not moving anywhere. I’m around and now that I have more powers, I don’t know where you will run to. If you know where you will pack and go, you better start now because I am now an AIG, so, I have more power now to supervise what is happening in Abuja.

19. He also assured FCT residents of their safety and called for the continued support of the FCT Minister to the security agencies.

ANTHONY OGUNLEYE
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)
14/09/2024
FCTA/ODP/PR/584

EVENTS

Former President Muhammadu Buhari sends his heartfelt condolences to the family of the of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, Galadiman Kano, who passed away yesterday.

Published

on

Spread the love

Former President Muhammadu Buhari has extended his heartfelt condolences to the family of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, the Galadiman Kano, who passed away yesterday.

In a gesture of solidarity, Buhari also offered his sympathies to the Kano Emirate Council, the government, and the people of Kano State.

This move is reminiscent of Buhari’s previous condolences to the people and government of Kano State, following the passing of notable figures such as Alhaji Ibrahim El-Yakub, a former Federal Commissioner of Water Resources

Continue Reading

EVENTS

Enugu Police dismiss alleged invasion of Eha-Amufu by herdsmen, decalres rumour misleading

Published

on

Spread the love

The Enugu State Police Command has dismissed reports alleging that herdsmen have invaded and occupied homes and schools in Eha-Amufu, describing them as “baseless, mischievous, and misleading.”

In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Daniel Ndukwe, stated that no community in Eha-Amufu or any part of Enugu State is under siege.

He clarified that the affected farm settlements are temporary structures used by farmers, not permanent residences.

“While it is true that there were farmer-herder clashes in 2021 and 2022, peace has since been restored through joint security operations,” Ndukwe said.

He further highlighted the efforts of the Enugu State Government under Governor Dr Peter Mbah to bolster security in the area.

These measures include the deployment of 150 military personnel, the establishment of security barracks, and the near completion of the 21.7km Agape-Agu Mgbuji-Ogbete access road leading to farm settlements.

The Police Command also accused the media outlet responsible for the report of using unrelated and outdated images to mislead the public.

“For instance, pictures of burnt houses posted by Amnesty International regarding an attack in a neighboring state on February 4, 2025, were falsely presented as recent incidents in Eha-Amufu,” Ndukwe noted.

Commissioner of Police, CP Mamman Bitrus Giwa, urged the public to disregard the false report and assured residents of the state’s commitment to security.

“We remain steadfast in ensuring law, order, and peace across Enugu State,” he said.

The police encouraged residents to report any security concerns through official channels and cooperate with law enforcement agencies.

Continue Reading

EVENTS

EFCC, ICPC asked to probe defence minister over alleged abuse of office

Published

on

Spread the love

An anti-corruption advocacy group, the Young Guardians of Accountability (YGA), has petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) to investigate the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Abubakar Badaru, over allegations of abuse of office and conflict of interest.

In a petition signed by its chairman, Adediran Raymond, YGA accused the minister of violating federal laws that prohibit public officials from engaging in private business activities.

The group alleged that Badaru maintains directorships in multiple private companies despite his ministerial position.

YGA demanded an inquiry into whether the minister fully disclosed his business interests in his official asset declaration, arguing that his continued involvement in the companies represents a “brazen disregard for the rule of law”.

As of press time, neither the minister nor his representatives had responded to the allegations.

The EFCC and ICPC have also not issued any official statements regarding the petition

Continue Reading

Trending