Connect with us

Trending

South Korean satellite captures Russian ships transporting North Korean troops

Published

on

Spread the love

North Korean special forces were reportedly spotted boarding Russian ships, with transportation movements captured by a South Korean-operated satellite on Oct. 20.

The National Intelligence Service (NIS) released a statement on the 18th, providing three satellite images as evidence confirming the “initial stage of North Korea’s direct involvement” in the war in Ukraine. Among the images, those of military facilities in Ussuriysk and Khabarovsk, Russia, were sourced from “Airbus,” a private satellite provider, though no source was named for the images showing North Korean troops being transported on Russian ships.

On Oct. 20, a South Korean-operated satellite captured an image of a Russian vessel transporting North Korean troops at Cheongjin Port on Oct. 12. The satellite, equipped with synthetic aperture radar (SAR), provided clear imagery, allowing for round-the-clock surveillance in all weather conditions. A government source explained that the unnamed satellite photos were taken by South Korean satellites equipped with SAR technology.

A government official explained that “the satellite images without a specified source were taken by a satellite under our operation.” One of the images, captured on Oct. 12, shows Russian vessels transporting North Korean troops at the port of Chongjin in North Hamgyong Province. This photograph was obtained using South Korea’s synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite, which generates detailed images by emitting electromagnetic waves and processing the reflected signals. This technology enables continuous imaging, both day and night, regardless of weather conditions.

At the bottom of the photo depicting the activities of Russian ships transporting North Korean troops, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) provided a graphic map showing that two Russian amphibious landing ships transported North Korean troops from Hamhung and Chongjin to Vladivostok across the East Sea. /Yonhap News

 

The South Korean government has been closely tracking the movements of North Korean troops since rumors surfaced about their potential deployment to assist Russia. South Korea’s military spy satellites, launched in December of last year and April this year, likely contributed to this surveillance. These satellites are equipped with advanced sensors, such as electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) and SAR technology.

However, images captured by military reconnaissance satellites are classified as military secrets and are generally excluded from government press releases. As a result, the SAR images included in the NIS briefing are believed to have been taken by a government-operated satellite rather than a military one. The South Korean government operates several SAR-equipped satellites, including the multipurpose Arirang 5, which may have been the source of the imagery.

Trending

Delta police arrest father, second wife over death of three sisters

Published

on

Spread the love

Delta State police command has arrested a man and his second wife over the death of three sisters in Delta State.

The three sisters of the same parents have reportedly died while on a visit to their father’s residence at the Delta Steel Company, DSC, Township, Oruhworun, Udu local government area of Delta state.

Reports said that the sisters live apart from their father who remarried after the death of their mother but occasionally pay visits from time to time.

“The incident has sent shock-waves through the community, especially as it comes less than a year after the death of their biological mother.

“Their father remarried shortly after their mother passed on, with the stepmother reportedly being a close friend of the late woman (their mother),” a source said.

Ekwutosblog learnt that the sisters allegedly returned from a birthday party the previous day to their father’s DSC residence only to be found foaming at the mouth the next day.

 

Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), Edafe Bright, confirmed the incident, saying, “We are treating this as a suspicious death and are exploring all angles.

“The public will be updated as we make progress.”

In a related development, two Tiv boys from Benue state have been arrested in connection with the alleged killing of yet-to-be-identified Engineer contracted to construct offices at Akwukwu-Igbo, the headquarters of Oshimili North local government area in Delta state

According to sources, the incident occurred in December 2024, but details only emerged recently after two suspects were arrested in connection with the crime, while the cause of the dastardly act remained unknown.

Community source revealed that “the suspects, identified as Tiv youths from Benue state, allegedly killed the Engineer and concealed his body in a shallow grave inside a farm.

Also, Edafe confirmed that the body has been exhumed.

“We are aware of the incident and our men are working to ensure others involved are apprehended,” he assured.

Continue Reading

Trending

Key witness, Cheryl Zondi breaks down as court acquits Nigerian pastor Timothy Omotoso on all charges of r3pe and human trafficking

Published

on

Spread the love

Cheryl Zondi, a key witness in the case against Nigerian pastor, Timothy Omotoso, was overcome with emotion in court after he was found not guilty of r3pe and human trafficking.

LIB reported that the High Court in Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, South Africa acquitted the 66-year-old pastor and his co-accused, Lusanda Sulani and Zikiswa Sitho, on Wednesday, April 2, 2025.

The trio faced 32 counts of charges which included racketeering, trafficking in persons, r3pe and s3xual assault.

The ruling, which has shocked many, left Zondi visibly distressed as she reacted to the verdict.

LIB further reported in 2018 that Zondi, who claimed she was sexually assaulted by pastor Omotoso, waived her right to anonymity in the trial because she wanted the world to know the type of person he is.

“We took it upon ourselves to go through a humiliating process to have our dignity stripped from us in public, to be called names and have lies and all sorts of fabrications spread about us online, walking in the streets. Our lives have never been the same since we came out about this and one has to wonder if this is what the last years have come down to,” she said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Algiers-Abuja direct flight service begins April 6 – Nigerian govt

Published

on

Spread the love

The Nigerian government has announced the commencement of a direct flight service from Algiers to Abuja through Air Algérie.

The government stated that flights on this route will begin on April 6, 2025.

The acting spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kimiebi Ebienfa, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday.

According to the ministry, the new route, which is a result of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between the two countries, will be operated by the national carrier, Air Algérie, using a Boeing 737 aircraft.

This new service is expected to enhance connectivity, promote tourism, and facilitate trade and investment between Nigeria and Algeria.

With this development, the ministry noted that Nigerians will have access to more affordable flights from Algeria to Europe.

“This historic development marks a significant milestone in the growing diplomatic and economic relations between Nigeria and Algeria.

“It is pertinent to state that the implementation of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between both countries has culminated in this successful venture.

“The affordable fare structure and Algeria’s proximity to Europe will also provide Nigerians with a convenient gateway to Europe, thereby enhancing Nigeria’s position as a regional hub for business, tourism, and transit.”

Continue Reading

Trending