Trending
Armed Herdsmen Launh Fresh Attacks In Enugu Community, Kill Three Farmers

Published
4 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogArmed Herdsmen Launh Fresh Attacks In Enugu Community, Kill Three Farmers
Tension has gripped the Mgbuji community in Eha-Amufu, Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State, following a violent attack by armed herdsmen on Friday, News360 Nigeria reports.
The assault claimed the lives of three farmers, left several others injured, and caused extensive damage to rice farms awaiting harvest.
Shocking video evidence from the scene showed one victim slaughtered in his rice field, a basket of freshly harvested cassava nearby. The attack is part of a recurring crisis in Eha-Amufu, where between 2017 and 2022, suspected Fulani militias reportedly destroyed over 20 farm settlements and killed at least 123 residents.
Ogenyi Odoh, a community leader, expressed deep concern over the escalating violence. Speaking with SaharaReporters, he decried the killing of the farmers and the destruction of farmlands, emphasizing that attacks on rice farms have been ongoing for two weeks.
Further complicating the crisis, injured victims seeking medical help have been turned away by the Enugu State University Teaching Hospital (ESUT Parklane) due to an ongoing workers’ strike.
Odoh also revealed that soldiers previously deployed to strategic locations in Eha-Amufu had been withdrawn without explanation, leaving the community vulnerable to renewed attacks. He has called on both the federal and state governments to urgently address the situation and restore security to the area.
He said, “Today three people who went to their farms were killed in a most savagery brutality. What is their offence? They went to their farms and while they were in their farms Herdsmen entered the farms and start eating it. They were asked to leave and the next thing was to kill them. As you can see in one of the video clips, the man was killed in his rice farm.
“You can also see in the video the large rice farm that Fulani herdsmen maliciously destroyed after four months hard work.
“Is there a conspiracy, otherwise, how come after the Nigerian Army withdrew soldiers deployed to Eha-Amufu prior to the election and attacks and killings resumed?”
He added, “Only about six soldiers are in entire Eha-Amufu with 100s of kilometers border with Benue State. Our vigilantes are working but there is not much they can do. The herders are armed with AK-47 rifles with several loaded magazines.
“The man they (herders) butchered that was brought to Parklane hospital was rejected. As we speak doctors are battling to save him a private hospital where a whooping N3nillion are demanded to even commence treatment. So, you can see the severity.”
Meanwhile, Our correspondent’ efforts to speak with the Enugu State Police Public Relations Officer, Daniel Ndukwe, were unsuccessful as he did not take his calls in his usual tradition.
As of the time of filing this report, he was yet to respond to a text message seeking his comment.
You may like
If you kpai without making ur wife or children signatory to your acc0unt. You will loose over 20% of your m0ney to the G0vt and the Lawyer that will pr0cess it.
OP-ED: OBJ: DEMOCRACY OR DEMOCRAZY IN DANGER? By Tahir Ibrahim Tahir Talban Bauchi.
Contesting against Soludo will not be easy but defeating him is doable— Dr. George Moghalu(Labour party Governorship Aspirant)
PRESIDENT TINUBU VOWS SEVERE PUNISHMENT FOR PLATEAU ATTACKERS, COMMISERATES WITH FAMILIES OF VICTIMS
God has told me that RCCG council meetings will soon be held on the moon – Pastor E.A Adeboye
Try and know your acc0unt 0fficer and have their contact, cos if dem bL0ck or R£strict your acc0unt That’s d easiest way to know what happened rather than going inside the bank and they may end up arr£sting you.
Trending
25 YEAR OLD FASHION DESIGNER ALLEGEDLY POISONED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND AT MARINE BASE, PORT HARCOURT

Published
7 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
25 YEAR OLD FASHION DESIGNER ALLEGEDLY
POISONED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND AT MARINE BASE, PORT HARCOURT
Ubong a fashion designer in Port Harcourt was allegedly P0sin£d by his girlfriend on Sunday evening at Marine base.
She allegedly hid his body under the bed for three days.
According to Ekwutosblog she confessed to p0sining him because he was constantly cheating on her.
Trending
Fear Grips Ogbunka as Security Forces Dismantle Deadly unknown gunmen Criminal Camp After Intense Gun Battle

Published
12 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Ogbunka community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State is still reeling from shock after a fierce gun duel between a Police-led Joint Security Team and a notorious unknown gunmen gang that had turned the area into a criminal hideout.
For over six hours on Friday, the peaceful town was shaken by the sound of gunfire and explosions as security operatives from the Nigerian Police Force, Nigerian Army (302 Artillery Regiment), Navy, Department of State Services (DSS), and the Anambra State Vigilante Group launched a coordinated assault on the gang’s base, following credible intelligence gathered over time.
Eyewitnesses say the gunshots could be heard from far distances, sparking fear and panic among villagers. “We didn’t know what was happening at first. The noise was like thunder,” said a local farmer who asked to remain anonymous. “It was later we heard that the security people were fighting unknown gunmen in the forest.”
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, the criminals had fortified their camp with improvised explosive devices, but these were diffused by the team’s superior firepower. In the aftermath, the operatives recovered food supplies, cooking equipment, and parts of vehicles believed to have been stolen and dismantled at the camp.
Though some of the suspects escaped with gunshot wounds, the security forces have now taken over the area to prevent regrouping and track down the fleeing criminals. The mission, according to the police, is far from over.
“This operation is part of our wider commitment to deny unrepentant criminals the space to cause havoc in Anambra State,” SP Ikenga stated. “We assure Ndi Anambra and all residents that the trust placed in us to protect lives and property is not taken for granted.”
Residents of Ogbunka are slowly returning to their routines, though many remain on edge. The incident serves as a stark reminder of the security challenges still facing rural communities—and the ongoing efforts by law enforcement to restore peace and normalcy.
Trending
Gladys Achese, sister to one of the detained domestic staff of former First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, has spoken out about the ordeal her family has endured.

Published
13 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Gladys Achese, sister to one of the detained domestic staff of former First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, has spoken out about the ordeal her family has endured.
Ekwutosblog Reports that Dame Jonathan detained 15 domestic staff over a missing jewelry valued at ₦750 million.
The staff have been held captive for years, sparking widespread outrage and calls for their release. Gladys’ sibling is among those detained without trial for six years. The case was brought to light by Pidom Nigeria’s social media post last year, prompting a single court session. However, the defendant’s sudden withdrawal led to an indefinite adjournment.
Gladys and her family are pleading with Nigerians to intervene and ensure a fair trial. The prolonged delay has taken a devastating toll on the family, causing immense emotional distress and disrupting their lives. They’re urging the public to help amplify their cry for justice, seeking a swift resolution to their ordeal.

If you kpai without making ur wife or children signatory to your acc0unt. You will loose over 20% of your m0ney to the G0vt and the Lawyer that will pr0cess it.

OP-ED: OBJ: DEMOCRACY OR DEMOCRAZY IN DANGER? By Tahir Ibrahim Tahir Talban Bauchi.

Contesting against Soludo will not be easy but defeating him is doable— Dr. George Moghalu(Labour party Governorship Aspirant)
Trending
- Trending6 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business6 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics6 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.