Connect with us

SportsNews

Billionaire status can’t be attained through music, sports – Anthony Joshua

Published

on

Anthony Joshua
Spread the love

Nigerian-British professional boxer and two-time world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has revealed that billionaire status can’t be attained through entertainment or sports.

He urged entertainers and sports players not to be carried away by fame but instead focus on the business side of it.

On his Snapchat page, Joshua wrote, “For any to reach billionaire status, it will not be through sports, music or entertainment.

“Don’t get lost in the hype, focus on the sustainability, books and business ethics.”

There are few billionaire entertainers and sports players globally, though many attribute their wealth primarily to endorsements and business ventures.

Some of the world’s billionaire entertainers and sports players according to Forbes include Jay-Z, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, LeBron James.

SportsNews

Yobe Desert Stars players, officials survive road crash

Published

on

Spread the love

Players of Yobe Desert Stars Football Club were involved in a road accident on Thursday while travelling to Birnin Kebbi for a league match.

According to a report from the Desert Stars’ Media Team, the accident which occurred in Sokoto, resulted in minor injuries to three officials and a few players, who were treated at a local hospital.

The club has called on its supporters and football fans in Damaturu to pray for the speedy recovery of those injured.

“We urge our supporters and all football lovers to remain calm and pray for the swift recovery of those injured in the accident,” the club stated.

The accident involved a mass transit bus conveying the players and their officials, as the club’s bus was not in order.

Efforts to reach officials at the scene and in Damaturu for comment were unsuccessful as of the time of filing in this report.

Continue Reading

SportsNews

‘I want to do everything I can’ – Osimhen reacts to Galatasaray win over Fenerbahce

Published

on

Spread the love

Victor Osimhen has once again reiterated his desire to give his best to Galatasaray, Ekwutosblog reports.

 

Osimhen fired a brace to help Galatasaray beat Fenerbahce 2-1 in the quarter-final of the Turkish Cup on Wednesday night.

The forward fired a thunderous shot inside the box to give Okan Buruk’s side the lead in the 10th minute.

He scored his second of the game from the penalty spot 17 minutes later.

“As I have said in previous interviews, I have really loved this club since I came here, I loved the people here, I loved the fans. I want to reciprocate their love by working hard. My teammates are also very important to me,” the Nigeria international told the club’s official website.

“They always support me. Of course, scoring a goal in the derby was important. If my teammates had not done very important things, I would not have been able to score those goals. I am grateful to them in this regard. I want to continue my performance. I want to do everything I can for the team.”

Galatasaray lost 2-1 to another Istanbul rival, Besiktas in a league match last weekend.

Osimhen said the players were disappointed with the outcome and were determined to compensate their fans.

“We know that Galatasaray – Fenerbahçe matches are intense and difficult matches. It is necessary to focus from the first minute to the ninetieth minute. We were actually optimistic when we came.

“Unfortunately, we made our fans unhappy last week. We had to play well here to compensate for them. Now we will look at the upcoming matches and progress match by match,” he said.

Continue Reading

SportsNews

Comparing Liverpool’s record with and without Trent Alexander-Arnold

Published

on

Trent Alexander-Arnold © PA Images
Spread the love

Trent Alexander-Arnold is set to leave Liverpool in the summer following nine years in the first team but data suggests the Anfield side may cope without him.

The creative full-back is on the verge of a move to Real Madrid having allowed his contract to run to its expiry and despite Liverpool’s attempts to renew him, Alexander-Arnold has declined any offer as he seeks a move abroad.

But as for Arne Slot’s side, data shows they should cope with the loss of one of their own.

Alexander-Arnold made his Liverpool debut at the age of 18 in the 2015-16 season and quickly became a first team regular for Jurgen Klopp’s side.

With the right back in the team, Liverpool have won 169 games in the Premier League, drawn 52 and lost 33, giving them a win percentage of 67%.

Without him, Liverpool have won 48, drawn 24 and lost seven meaning they have won 61% of games. Interestingly, Liverpool have actually lost a higher percentage (13%) of games with him in the side compared to without (9%).

While Alexander-Arnold is listed as a defender on the teamsheet, his talent has always been going forward and with him in the side, the team have scored 557 goals which is 2.19 goals a game. Without him, Liverpool score 2.16 goals a game.

In recent years, it is Alexander-Arnold’s defensive output that has seen him most heavily criticised. With him in the team, Liverpool have conceded 240 goals or 0.94 a game. Without him, that number is 78 with an average of 0.99 goals conceded.

Alexander-Arnold’s presumed heir is another academy product, Conor Bradley and there are already promising signs with him in the team. The 21-year-old Northern Irishman made his Liverpool league debut in January 2024 and has shown himself more than capable when called up.

With Bradley in the team, Liverpool have lost just two of 23 games.

Bradley’s competence will be further tested in the near future after Alexander-Arnold picked up an ankle injury. The 26-year-old is expected to be out until the end of April.

Here’s how Liverpool’s stats with and without Alexander-Arnold stack up going back to the 2015-16 season.

With Alexander-Arnold

Games: 254

Won: 169

Drawn: 52

Lost: 33

Win percentage: 67%

Loss percentage: 13%

Goals per game: 2.19

Goals conceded per game: 0.94

Without Alexander-Arnold

Games: 79

Won: 48

Drawn: 24

Lost: 7

Win percentage: 61%

Loss percentage: 9%

Goals per game: 2.16

Goals conceded per game: 0.99

READ NEXT: How Liverpool pundits have reacted to the Alexander-Arnold Real Madrid transfer saga

TRY A QUIZ: Can you name Liverpool’s XI from their 7-0 win over Man Utd in 2023?

Continue Reading

Trending