Politics
BREAKING: Oyetola plotting to cause mayhem in Osun from Monday – Adeleke cries out

Published
2 months agoon
By
Ekwutos Blog
Osun State governor, Ademola Adeleke on Sunday raised the alarm that the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Gboyega Oyetola, is planning to cause mayhem in the state from Monday, February 17, 2025.
Adeleke made the allegation during a press conference on Sunday.
It was gathered that Oyetola is spearheading moves to enforce a court order which reversed the sack of local council chairmen, elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the state.
Adeleke alleged that Oyetola is conspiring with several law enforcement agents, including the State Commissioner of Police and the State Director of the Department of State Services, DSS, to destabilize the state.
Adeleke said: “I called this press conference to alert the national and global audience about a deliberate plot to create chaos and anarchy in Osun State.
“I invite you all to expose a fascist anti-democratic agenda designed to enforce a non-existing court judgment on our local governments.
“This evil plot is being spearheaded by the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Mr Gboyega Oyetola in active collaboration with the Osun state Commissioner of Police, the Osun state Director of DSS and the State Commandant of the Civil Defense Corps.
“Before I continue this address, let me affirm that I know Mr. President to be a true democrat, a lover of rule of law, and a believer in the sanctity of the judicial process.
“I know, as a matter of fact, that Mr. President will never authorise a dictatorial violation of the constitution irrespective of who is involved. It is crucial to add that Mr. President will never support any action that is capable of generating bloodbath and bloodshed.
“I, however, regret to inform Mr. President and the public that Mr Gboyega Oyetola has concluded an arrangement to cause mayhem in Osun State starting from Monday.
“He is issuing illegal directives to security operatives to enforce illegality simply because he is the nephew of Mr. President.
“I chose to alert the nation before my people are killed or maimed by a minister dropping the name of Mr. President in connivance with the Osun State security operatives obeying unlawful orders.
“The bone of contention is the brazen effrontery to return to office council chairmen sacked by a subsisting court judgment using a different court decision, which has no consequential order.
“Let me make it clear that the said council chairmen were sacked before I was sworn in as governor of Osun State, contrary to the lies being peddled, that the chairmen and councilors were sacked by my Executive Order.”

You may like
Benue: Over 210 cows killed, stolen in Agatu – Youth group raises alarm
Protesters rally against Trump, Musk in ‘Hands Off!’ gatherings nationwide
Attacks on Plateau communities unacceptable – NSGF
Abia Govt Denies Alleged Engagement Of ESN To Fight Crime, Warns Against Fake News
PRESIDENT TINUBU VOWS SEVERE PUNISHMENT FOR PLATEAU ATTACKERS, COMMISERATES WITH FAMILIES OF VICTIMS
God has told me that RCCG council meetings will soon be held on the moon – Pastor E.A Adeboye
Politics
DR Congo and M23 rebels engage in peace talks

Published
2 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The government of the Democratic Republic of Congo and M23 rebels engaged in peace talks in Qatar after days of unrest. M23 has withdrawn from the town of Walikale and talks will continue next week.
A delegation of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) government held fresh talks with M23 rebels in Qatar last week about stopping the fighting in the country’s east, a source close to the discussions told news Reuters and AFP news agencies on Saturday.
Both sides have not yet commented on the talks.
The first round of talks was held in late March, which a source close to discussions described as “positive.” The meeting was held in private and talks are set to continue in Doha on April 9.
“Further talks are now expected in Doha, again with the Qataris mediating, to sustain the momentum and explore constructive solutions to end the conflict peacefully,” the source told AFP news agency.
The country’s army on Thursday said rebels had withdrawn from the mining hub of Walikale as decided during talks in March. Initially, they had accused the M23 of not following through on their commitment.
Walikale is the furthest west the M23 has reached.
The conflict in Congo
The eastern Congo conflict’s complexity, rooted in the aftermath of the 1994 Rwandan genocide and competition for mineral resources, is further complicating the mediation efforts.
The DRC has vast reserves of lithium and cobalt and other minerals, especially in the east. This has led to several rebellions and clashes over control of the region.
The ethnic Tutsi-led M23 rebel group was founded in 2012 and remains one of the most powerful rebel groups to operate in the region.
Rwanda has been accused of backing M23, which it has denied.
The unrest in Congo has also spread around the region, with Uganda and Burundi both having troops in the country.
Edited by: Zac Crellin
Politics
Attacks on Plateau communities unacceptable – NSGF

Published
3 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF) has condemned the recent attacks on five communities in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, describing them as “unacceptable” and a serious threat to the peace and stability of the region.
In a statement issued in Gombe, the Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya, expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident, which claimed several lives and left many others, including women and children, injured.
“The attacks on innocent people are completely unacceptable,” Yahaya said. “We must all stand together in condemning these brutal assaults.”
The statement, released by Ismaila Uba-Misilli, the Director-General of Press Affairs at Gombe Government House, conveyed Yahaya’s condolences to the families of the victims and the people of Plateau.
He described the continuous violence in northern rural communities as a “stain on both the region and the nation,” emphasizing that the sanctity of human life must never be taken lightly.
Yahaya commended Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang for his swift response to the attacks and acknowledged the efforts of security forces in restoring order.
However, he urged authorities to intensify their search for the perpetrators and ensure justice is served.
“The government must not relent in hunting down those responsible for these heinous acts. There can be no justification for the shedding of innocent blood.”
Yahaya stressed the importance of fostering peace and mutual understanding between farmers and herders to promote tolerance and prevent further conflicts.
“As governors in the North, we remain dedicated to ending the cycle of violence through improved security collaboration, dialogue, and policies aimed at fostering peace and unity,” he reaffirmed.
The NSGF Chairman further called on all stakeholders, including religious and community leaders, to support the government’s peace initiatives by promoting dialogue, tolerance, and forgiveness.
Politics
Abia Govt Denies Alleged Engagement Of ESN To Fight Crime, Warns Against Fake News

Published
5 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The Abia State Government has debunked reports circulating on social media claiming that Governor Alex Otti has approved the engagement of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), a security arm of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), to combat criminal activities and protect farmers in the state.
The government described the report, credited to a faceless blogger, as false, malicious, and a deliberate attempt to mislead the public and create unnecessary tension in the state. In a statement issued on Sunday, April 6, 2025, by Ferdinand Ekeoma, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity and made available to ABN TV, the government expressed concern over the resurgence of the fake report, noting that the same falsehood had earlier been circulated but was ignored.
“For the records, the government of Abia State under the leadership of Dr. Alex Otti could not have contemplated embracing the services of non-state actors to fight criminals and insecurity of any kind in any part of the state,” the statement read.
Ekeoma emphasized that Governor Otti’s administration has continued to rely on conventional security agencies to tackle crime in the state, citing the establishment of a joint security taskforce code-named “Operation Crush” as a testament to the government’s commitment to security. He noted that “Operation Crush” has recorded significant successes in combating crime across the state, despite isolated cases of armed robbery and kidnapping which are being addressed. The government warned those behind the fake news campaign to desist from actions capable of inciting fear and violence in the state, warning that such actions will attract severe consequences when perpetrators are identified.
Abia residents were urged to disregard the false report and remain confident in the government’s efforts to ensure their safety.

Nigerian content creator Brain Jotter is currently being accused of allegedly impregnating his colleague, Ekwutos, and telling her to ab-o-rt the pregnancy.

Benue: Over 210 cows killed, stolen in Agatu – Youth group raises alarm

DR Congo and M23 rebels engage in peace talks
Trending
- Trending6 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business6 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics6 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics6 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.