SportsNews
“Cricket will be destroyed when…”: Imran Khan laments Pakistan’s early exit from Champions Trophy

Published
1 month agoon
By
Ekwutos Blog
Islamabad [Pakistan], February 26 (ANI): Following the team’s exit from the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy 2025 campaign, World Cup-winning captain and former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan expressed his disappointment and said that cricket will be “destroyed” if “favourites” are put in decision-making positions.
Hosts Pakistan, which got the opportunity to host an ICC tournament after a long gap of 29 years, was knocked out of the tournament in a matter of just 5 days, leaving the fans and supporters of the team massively disappointed.
“Imran says cricket will be eventually destroyed when favourites are put in decision-making positions,” Aleema Khan, sister of PakistanTehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder, told reporters, as quoted by Geo News.
Pakistan‘s dreadful run in the ICC events continued after the defending champions lost two games on the trot in the group stage against New Zealand and India.
The Men in Green needed a favour from Bangladesh to stage a victory over New Zealand. However, on Monday, the relentless Kiwis took the Tigers down with a five-wicket win in Rawalpindi to seal their trip to the semi-finals with India.
Imran Khan also raised questions about the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman, Mohsin Naqvi and said that whenever he comes to power, he makes a “mess” of it.
“Imran Khan said that no one in Pakistan has as many positions as Mohsin Naqvi has. When Naqvi was appointed [Punjab] Chief Minister, he committed injustices. He is appointed interior minister, he again committed injustices. Whichever position he is appointed, he makes a mess of it,” Aleema Khan said as quoted by The Express Tribune.
“Imran Khan said that a respectable man would resign after such a poor performance but this could not happen,” she added.
Pakistan‘s last group-stage match of Champions Trophy 2025 is against Bangladesh at the National Stadium in Rawalpindi. This match would be a dead rubber as both teams have already been knocked out of the tournament.
This is not the first time that the Mohammed Rizwan-led side has played such disappointing cricket in the mega-events. They were not able to perform in the last two ICC events as well. In last year’s T20 World Cup in the West Indies and United States, the Pakistan Cricket Team was knocked out of the tournament after two consecutive losses in the group stage against the United States and then against arch-rivals India.
In the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup in India, the Men in Green were able to win just four out of the nine matches. They finished the tournament at fifth position with just eight points, again failing to make it to the knockouts. (ANI)
Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (
).

You may like
I did only traditional marriage. Pls Atanda, how can i get a marriage c£rtificate that will be acceptable at the £mbassy?
Pope makes surprise appearance during Mass in St. Peter’s Square
Benue: Over 210 cows killed, stolen in Agatu – Youth group raises alarm
Protesters rally against Trump, Musk in ‘Hands Off!’ gatherings nationwide
Attacks on Plateau communities unacceptable – NSGF
Abia Govt Denies Alleged Engagement Of ESN To Fight Crime, Warns Against Fake News
SportsNews
Chelsea ‘breach UEFA limits on financial losses’, could be banned from Europe

Published
1 day agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Chelsea have breached UEFA limits on financial losses, according to the UK Times.
On Monday, the Blues posted a net profit of almost £130 million in their latest accounts published.
This profit was arrived at after they sold their women’s team to their sister company.
A statement on Chelsea’s website however didn’t specify how much the women’s team was sold to BlueCo, the holding company used in Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital’s takeover three years ago.
It only noted that “profit on disposal of subsidiaries” was £198.7 million .
The move helped Chelsea avoid breaching the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules last season.
But the loophole has been rejected by UEFA and means the Blues have overspent and are now set to be punished.
It is reported that the Blues are now in talks with UEFA over a financial penalty and having to follow a spending plan for the next three seasons.
SportsNews
Digvesh Rathi credits Sunil Narine as inspiration after match-winning spell

Published
1 day agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], April 5 (ANI): Young spinner Digvesh Singh Rathicontinued his impressive rise in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL), delivering a composed and effective spell in Lucknow Super Giants‘ (LSG) 12-run victory over Mumbai Indians(MI). His figures of 1/21 in this high-scoring encounter earned him the Player of the Match award.
After the match, Rathi expressed his joy and revealed the inspiration behind his bowling mindset.
“I’m really enjoying it. I like to get batters out. I watched Sunil Narine bowl and from that time I took to bowling,” said Rathi.
“I want to make my mindset more attacking, want to be like Narine, on how he stays calm even during pressure situations,” he added.
Rathi’s only wicket came at a crucial time — the dismissal of the dangerous Naman Dhir, who had looked threatening with a quickfire 46 off 24 balls, including four boundaries and three sixes.
“Before that over, I spoke to you (Pant), we wanted a mid-wicket but we did not have one, he looked to play through there and that move really worked for us,” Rathi revealed.
The win was LSG’s second in the tournament, while MI slumped to their third defeat in four matches. With youngsters like Rathi stepping up and showing maturity, Lucknow will be optimistic about building momentum as the season progresses.
Coming to the match, the Lucknow Super Giantsbowlers’ exceptional performance restricted the five-time champions Mumbai Indians to 191 as the hosts registered a 12-run win at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium.
Chasing a mammoth total of 203 runs, the Mumbai side didn’t have a good start as they lost the first two wickets in the first 10 balls of the second innings. First, Will Jacks (5 runs off 7 balls) was sent back to the pavilion when the team score was 11 and then Ryan Rickleton (10 runs from 5 balls) was sent back when the team score was 17.
Suryakumar Yadav (67 runs in 43 balls) and Naman Dhir (46 runs off 24 balls) were the highest scorers for the Mumbai-based franchise during the chase.
Team skipper Hardik Pandya (28 runs from 16 balls) and left-hand batter Tilak Varma (25 runs in 23 balls) scored some crucial runs for their side, but it was not enough as the side lost the game by 12 runs.In the 19th over, Tilak was retired out after playing the innings of 25 runs which came with the help of two fours when the team needed 24 runs off seven balls.
The last over was bowled by right-arm seamer Avesh Khan where the Hardik Pandya-led side needed 22 runs. Avesh conceded only nine runs off his 6 balls, despite conceding a maximum on the first ball of the 20th over.
For the Rishabh Pant-led side, one wicket each was grabbed by Shardul Thakur (1/40), Akash Deep (1/46), Avesh Khan (1/40), and Digvesh Rathi (1/21) in their respective spell of four overs.
Earlier, Pandya won the toss and elected to field, but MI’s bowlers were put under pressure early on as Marsh and Markram gave LSG an explosive start. The opening pair reached the 50-run mark in 5.1 overs and raced to 69 by the end of the powerplay.
SportsNews
Transfer: I’m yet to decide my future – Osimhen

Published
2 days agoon
April 4, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Victor Osimhen has declared that he is yet to make a decision on his future, Ekwutosblog reports.
Osimhen joined Turkish Super Lig champions Galatasaray on loan from Napoli last September.
The Yellow and Reds are desperate to sign the Nigeria international on a permanent transfer.
The 26-year-old has also been linked with a move to Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.
Osimhen stated that he is yet to make a decision on where he will play his football next season.
“I haven’t decided about my future yet. Right now, my only focus is Galatasaray’s championship. I will make this team a champion,” the forward was quoted by Web Aslan.
Osimhen racked 27 goals and seven assists in 32 league appearances for Galatasaray this season.

Suspected kidnappers terrorizing Otukpo LGA apprehended

I did only traditional marriage. Pls Atanda, how can i get a marriage c£rtificate that will be acceptable at the £mbassy?

It’s wrong to check suspect’s phone – Ebonyi Police Commissioner
Trending
- Trending6 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business6 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics6 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics6 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics6 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.