Connect with us

EVENTS

First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu pays thank you visit to Imo monarchs …She is the best First Lady I have ever known in politics, says Uzodimma

Published

on

Spread the love

GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE

PRESS RELEASE

First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu pays thank you visit to Imo monarchs
…She is the best First Lady I have ever known in politics, says Uzodimma

 

First Lady of Nigeria, Sen. Oluremi Tinubu has said that the glory of the country is by the corner, hence all hands must be on deck to realise the full potentials of the Nation.

 

She said though challenging times are here with Nigerians, they are not situations that cannot be surmounted if they show sincere commitment.

 

The First Lady spoke on Friday in Owerri where she was treated to a rousing reception by traditional rulers at the Eze Imo Palace in Owerri, ahead of the conferment of honourary doctorate degree on her by the Federal University of Technology Owerri Saturday, December 7, 2024.

 

Mrs Tinubu spoke on a day Governor Hope Uzodimma described her as the best First Lady he has come across since more than 40 years ago he joined politics.

 

Addressing the galaxy of traditional rulers from the 27 local government areas of Imo State and their wives as well as other government functionaries and other leaders, Mrs Tinubu hinted that she was also in the State to thank the monarchs for the support they extended to her and her husband, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu before, during and after the election that brought them in office in 2023.

 

“Remember that when I came here last year, with the wife of the Vice President, we told you we will come back. Now, we are back, and we have come to thank you. Nigeria will be better because God is with us, and this Christmas will be sweet.”

 

She commended Imo people for their sense of tolerance and emphasised the need for Nigerians to live together in peace wherever they have found themselves, noting that it was a thing of joy that Heads of the Yoruba and Arewa in Imo came out happily to join their Igbo counterparts to receive them.

 

Mrs. Tinubu further commended the leadership quality of Governor Hope Uzodimma which she said has left Imo State more developed in all facets of human endeavour. “We saw the roads while coming. Beautiful roads, and your Governor is doing very well.”

 

She however encouraged Nigerians to devoted their time to hard work and to the training of their children, saying,” hard work does not kill, rather it pay.”

 

“We should inculcate the spirit of hard work in our children as well as take agriculture seriously. Nigeria is blessed and we need to unlock the potential of the blessing with hard work and commitment.”

 

Addressing the audience, Governor Uzodimma said he has not seen a dedicated, compassionate, generous First Lady like Sen Tinubu since he started playing politics more than 40 years ago.

 

The Governor told the First Lady to feel at home in Imo with her entourage because the love which Imo people have for her and her husband is genuine.

 

Governor Uzodimma used the opportunity to remind the audience that President Tinubu’s government was doing a lot to make Nigeria a better place for all, noting that the circumstances that have brought difficult situation in the country are global and surmountable.

 

He therefore urged them to continue with their support for President Tinubu whom he said, has been working tirelessly to surmount the economic problems the country is facing currently with the removal of fuel subsidy and the wars in Ukraine and other parts of the world.

 

Drawing from Mrs. Tinubu’s earlier promise to the monarchs that the year’s Christmas will be sweet, Governor Uzodimma said that the State has received some trailer loads of rice that will require Imo people to buy a bag of rice at N40,000 during this Yuletide season.

 

He commended the federal government for her interventions in different areas where Imo State sought for her assistance, and the First Lady, for “adopting” his wife, Chioma, as her daughter.

 

Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers cum Chairman of South East Traditional Rulers Council, HRM, Eze EC Okeke, thanked the First Lady for her thoughtfulness in fulfilling her promise to come to thank the monarchs.

 

Eze Okeke also thanked her for taking the Governor’s wife as her own daughter while her husband, President Tinubu adopts Governor Uzodimma as his son.

 

Eze Imo assured the First Lady that Imo people will continue to support the government of her husband, insisting that the President is doing his best to change the narrative of the country for the better.

 

Eze Okeke also congratulated the First Lady on the honour she will receive from FUTO on Saturday.

 

On the entourage of the First Lady were the wife of the Vice President, Hajia Nana Shettima, wife of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hajia Yusuf Abbas, wife of the Governor of Imo State, Chief Barr. Chioma Uzodimma and her colleagues, wives ministers among others.

 

 

Oguwike Nwachuku

Chief Press Secretary and Media Adviser to the Governor

December 6, 2024

 

PHOTO: L-R: Wife of the Speaker, Hajia Fatima Tajudeen Abass, Wife of the Vice President, Hajia Nana Shettima, the First Lady, Sen Oluremi Tinubu, Eze Imo/Chairman, South East Traditional Rulers Council, HRM Eze E C Okeke, his wife, Ugoeze Augustina, Governor Hope Uzodimma, his wife, Chioma when Mrs. Tinubu and her entourage were received at the Eze Imo’s Palace in Owerri…Friday

EVENTS

Former President Muhammadu Buhari sends his heartfelt condolences to the family of the of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, Galadiman Kano, who passed away yesterday.

Published

on

Spread the love

Former President Muhammadu Buhari has extended his heartfelt condolences to the family of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, the Galadiman Kano, who passed away yesterday.

In a gesture of solidarity, Buhari also offered his sympathies to the Kano Emirate Council, the government, and the people of Kano State.

This move is reminiscent of Buhari’s previous condolences to the people and government of Kano State, following the passing of notable figures such as Alhaji Ibrahim El-Yakub, a former Federal Commissioner of Water Resources

Continue Reading

EVENTS

Enugu Police dismiss alleged invasion of Eha-Amufu by herdsmen, decalres rumour misleading

Published

on

Spread the love

The Enugu State Police Command has dismissed reports alleging that herdsmen have invaded and occupied homes and schools in Eha-Amufu, describing them as “baseless, mischievous, and misleading.”

In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Daniel Ndukwe, stated that no community in Eha-Amufu or any part of Enugu State is under siege.

He clarified that the affected farm settlements are temporary structures used by farmers, not permanent residences.

“While it is true that there were farmer-herder clashes in 2021 and 2022, peace has since been restored through joint security operations,” Ndukwe said.

He further highlighted the efforts of the Enugu State Government under Governor Dr Peter Mbah to bolster security in the area.

These measures include the deployment of 150 military personnel, the establishment of security barracks, and the near completion of the 21.7km Agape-Agu Mgbuji-Ogbete access road leading to farm settlements.

The Police Command also accused the media outlet responsible for the report of using unrelated and outdated images to mislead the public.

“For instance, pictures of burnt houses posted by Amnesty International regarding an attack in a neighboring state on February 4, 2025, were falsely presented as recent incidents in Eha-Amufu,” Ndukwe noted.

Commissioner of Police, CP Mamman Bitrus Giwa, urged the public to disregard the false report and assured residents of the state’s commitment to security.

“We remain steadfast in ensuring law, order, and peace across Enugu State,” he said.

The police encouraged residents to report any security concerns through official channels and cooperate with law enforcement agencies.

Continue Reading

EVENTS

EFCC, ICPC asked to probe defence minister over alleged abuse of office

Published

on

Spread the love

An anti-corruption advocacy group, the Young Guardians of Accountability (YGA), has petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) to investigate the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Abubakar Badaru, over allegations of abuse of office and conflict of interest.

In a petition signed by its chairman, Adediran Raymond, YGA accused the minister of violating federal laws that prohibit public officials from engaging in private business activities.

The group alleged that Badaru maintains directorships in multiple private companies despite his ministerial position.

YGA demanded an inquiry into whether the minister fully disclosed his business interests in his official asset declaration, arguing that his continued involvement in the companies represents a “brazen disregard for the rule of law”.

As of press time, neither the minister nor his representatives had responded to the allegations.

The EFCC and ICPC have also not issued any official statements regarding the petition

Continue Reading

Trending