Trending
Israel renews orders for Palestinians to leave northern Gaza

Published
6 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogThe Israeli military on Saturday renewed its orders for Palestinians in the northern Gaza Strip to leave their homes and shelters as troops continue their weeklong offensive against militants.
Avichay Adraee, a spokesman for the Israeli military, told people living in the targeted area that they should head south to Muwasi, a packed area in southern Gaza designed by the military as a humanitarian zone.
The military also ordered the three main hospitals in northern Gaza to evacuate patients and medical staff.
Most of the fighting in the past week was centred in and around Jabaliya, the largest refugee camp in the Gaza Strip. The area was pounded by Israeli war jets and artillery. Residents there said they have been trapped inside their homes and shelters.
No food aid for Gaza since 1 October
The United Nations food agency said on Saturday that no food aid had entered northern Gaza since 1 October.
The World Food Program (WFP) said that the primary border crossing into the war-ravaged area had been closed for about two weeks. The agency also warned that Israel’s ongoing ground operation will have a disastrous impact on food security for thousands of Palestinian families there.
“The north is basically cut off and we’re not able to operate there,” said Antoine Renard, the WFP country director of Palestinian territories.
Concerns of a hunger crisis have risen in Gaza roughly a month after a UN independent investigator on the right to food accused Israel of carrying out a “starvation campaign” against Palestinians.
Israel has denied such allegations and insisted that it has allowed food and other aid into Gaza in significant quantities.
“Israel has not halted the entry or coordination of humanitarian aid entering from its territory into the northern Gaza Strip. As evidence, humanitarian aid coordinated by COGAT and international organisations will continue to enter the northern Gaza Strip in the coming day as well,” COGAT, the Israeli military body overseeing aid distribution, said in a statement on Wednesday.
The WFP said its food distribution points, as well as kitchens and bakeries in northern Gaza, have been forced to shut down due to airstrikes, military ground operations and evacuation orders.
It said that the only functioning bakery in North Gaza, supported by WFP, caught fire after being hit by an explosive munition.
The WFP said its last remaining food supplies in the north — including canned food, wheat flour, high-energy biscuits, and nutrition supplements — have been distributed to shelters, health facilities and kitchens in Gaza City and three shelters in the northern areas.
It is unclear how long these limited food supplies will last, warning that the consequences for fleeing families will be dire if the escalation continues.
Israel’s offensive in Gaza has killed over 42,000 Palestinians, according to local health authorities, who do not say how many were fighters but say women and children make up more than half of the fatalities.
The war has destroyed large areas of Gaza and displaced about 90% of its population of 2.3 million people, often multiple times.
Death toll rises in Lebanon
The speaker of Iran’s parliament on Saturday toured the scene of an Israeli airstrike in Beirut that killed and wounded dozens. He vowed that Tehran would keep supporting Lebanese and Palestinians fighting against Israel.
Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf visited the area struck after holding talks with caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati, who said that Lebanon’s priority now was to work toward a ceasefire.
His office said that Lebanon’s government still abides by a 2006 UN Security Council Resolution approved at the end of a 34-day war between Israel and Hezbollah, and was prepared to boost Lebanese army presence along the country’s border with Israel.
It was the second visit by an Iranian official to Beirut in recent days after the country’s foreign minister visited Lebanon earlier this month.
Iran is a main backer of Lebanon’s Hezbollah group, which suffered major setbacks in recent weeks as well as the killing of its leader Hassan Nasrallah.

Iran’s parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf visits the site of Thursday’s Israeli airstrike in Beirut, Lebanon, on Saturday 12 October, 2024. AP
Lebanese authorities said on Friday that 60 people were killed and 168 wounded in the past 24 hours, raising the total death toll over the past year of conflict between Israel and the militant group to 2,229 dead and 10,380 wounded.
Israel has been escalating its campaign against Hezbollah with waves of heavy airstrikes across Lebanon and a ground invasion at the border. It comes after a year of exchanges of fire.
Hezbollah started attacking Israeli army posts in October last year in solidarity with the militant Hamas group in Gaza. Since 23 September, Israel has intensified its airstrikes and forced the displacement of hundreds of thousands of Lebanese.
Last week, Israel began a ground invasion of Lebanon, leading to clashes along the border with Hezbollah fighters.
Islamic State camps in Syria hit by US airstrikes
The US military said it conducted a series of airstrikes against multiple camps in Syria belonging to the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) group.
US Central Command said the strikes on Friday will “disrupt the ability of ISIS to plan, organise and conduct attacks against the United States, its allies and partners, and civilians throughout the region and beyond.”
It said battle damage assessments were underway and did not include civilian casualties.
There are some 900 US forces in Syria, along with an undisclosed number of contractors, mostly trying to prevent any comeback by the extremist IS group, which swept through Iraq and Syria in 2014, taking control of large swaths of territory.
You may like
I’m healthier than those wishing me death – Wike declares
Lagos Court Jails Man Three Months for Non-Declaration of $30,000 at Airport
It was past eleven last Night when a call came in from one of my friend. Atanda, he told me to check my WhatsApp that he sent me a msg Lo and behold Atanda, i saw a R£al £state Ag£nt p0st my Building for sale Atanda, house wey i never build finish na him one person wan S£LL without my awareness My BL00D T£mperature is very high right now and am confused and don’t know what to do
I have always wondered why many businesses hangs the portraits of the Pr£sident and the G0vernor of the State. Atanda, is there any law asking us to do so
Because the husband could not afford 500k for her M£dical Bill the H0spital rejected her and she kpai eventually From the L£gal point of view Can we hold the h0spital responsible for the D£@th of the pr£gnant lady?
US will stay in NATO, but it must be ‘stronger’, Marco Rubio tells his 31 counterparts
Trending
Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state

Published
4 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
His Excellency the Governor of Imo State, Dist. Sen. (Dr) Hope Uzodinma, CON, GSSRS, has approved the ban on all forms of task force currently operating under any guise or MDA in the state.
Ekwutosblog reports that in a Public Service Announcement issued by the Secretary to the State Government the public is advised to be guided accordingly, subsequently.
The ban on task force in the state has become necessary following their incessant activities which has constituted nuisances to the general public and paints the image of the government in bad light.
Following the approval of His Excellency, on this issue, Government therefore warns that anyone or group of persons operating as task force under any guise will be apprehended by security operatives who have been directed to get rid of all forms of task force in the State and such culprits would be made to face the full weight of Law.
I.A OGUZIE Npom Fcal
For secretary to the State Government.
Trending
One dead, three injured in Jos Sara-Suka fight

Published
5 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
One person was killed, and three others sustained injuries in a violent clash between rival groups known as Sara-Suka in the Yantifa community of Jos North Local Government Area, Plateau State.
According to residents, members of the rival gangs, armed with machetes, attacked one another on Tuesday evening, causing panic and forcing people to flee.
A local vigilante, Lawan Chizo, confirmed the incident and said security forces, including soldiers, were deployed to restore order.
He noted that the clash involved members of the Sara-Suka groups from Anguwan Rogo and Yantifa, who have been engaged in ongoing conflicts.
“There is still fear among residents, but normalcy has been restored,” Chizo stated.
In response to the violence, the Plateau State Commissioner of Police has called for an emergency meeting with community leaders to address the activities of Sara-Suka in the area.
The latest violence comes just two days after three members of Sara-Suka were killed in another clash near the Al-Mohap praying ground.
Trending
Myanmar earthquake death toll crosses 3,000

Published
6 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Death toll from Myanmar’s devastating earthquake has surpassed 3,000, with hundreds more missing.
This is as forecasts of unseasonal rain presented a new challenge for rescue and aid workers trying to reach people in a country riven by civil war.
Ekwutosblog reports that the last Friday’s 7.7-magnitude quake, one of the Southeast Asian nation’s strongest in a century, jolted a region home to 28 million, toppling buildings, flattening communities and leaving many without food, water and shelter.
Myanmar’s embassy in Japan said on Facebook that on Wednesday, deaths rose to 3,003 with 4,515 injured and 351 missing, while rescuers scramble to find more.
However, conditions could get even tougher for the huge relief effort after weather officials warned unseasonal rain from Sunday to April 11 could threaten the areas hardest-hit by the quake, such as Mandalay, Sagaing and the capital Naypyidaw.
“Rain is incoming and there are still so many buried. And in Mandalay, especially, if it starts to rain, people who are buried will drown even if they’ve survived until this point,” an aid worker in Myanmar said.
The embassy in Japan added in its post that there have been 53 airlifts of aid to Myanmar, while more than 1,900 rescue workers arrived from 15 countries, including Southeast Asian neighbours and China, India and Russia.
According to state television, despite the devastation, junta chief Min Aung Hlaing will leave his disaster-stricken country on Thursday for a rare trip to a regional summit in Bangkok.
The visit is said to be an uncommon foreign visit for a general regarded as a pariah by many countries and the subject of Western sanctions and an International Criminal Court investigation.

I’m healthier than those wishing me death – Wike declares

Lagos Court Jails Man Three Months for Non-Declaration of $30,000 at Airport

It was past eleven last Night when a call came in from one of my friend. Atanda, he told me to check my WhatsApp that he sent me a msg Lo and behold Atanda, i saw a R£al £state Ag£nt p0st my Building for sale Atanda, house wey i never build finish na him one person wan S£LL without my awareness My BL00D T£mperature is very high right now and am confused and don’t know what to do
Trending
- Trending5 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business5 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics5 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.