Trending
Israeli attacks kill 23 people in Gaza, medics say, as ceasefire hopes dim

Published
5 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogBy Nidal al-Mughrabi
CAIRO (Reuters) – Israeli forces stepped up bombardment of the Gaza Strip on Sunday killing at least 23 people, Palestinian medics said, with over half the deaths in northern areas where the army has waged a month-long campaign it says is to prevent Hamas from regrouping.
Palestinians said the new aerial and ground offensives and forced evacuations were “ethnic cleansing” aimed at emptying two north Gaza towns and a camp of their populations to create buffer zones. Israel denies this, saying it is fighting Hamas militants who launch attacks from there.

A Palestinian child is vaccinated against polio during the second round of a vaccination campaign, amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, in Gaza City, November 2, 2024. REUTERS/Dawoud Abu Alkas
© Thomson Reuters
Medics said at least 13 Palestinians were killed in separate attacks on houses in Beit Lahiya town and Jabalia, the largest of the enclave’s eight historic refugee camps and the focus of the army’s new military offensive. The rest were killed in separate Israeli air strikes in Gaza City and the southern areas.

Palestinian children are vaccinated against polio during the second round of a vaccination campaign, amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, in Gaza City, November 2, 2024. REUTERS/Dawoud Abu Alkas
© Thomson Reuters
Israel has not commented on its military actions on Sunday in northern Gaza.
On Saturday, the Israeli military sent a new army division to Jabalia to join two other operating battalions, a statement said. It said that hundreds of Palestinian militants have so far been killed in the “battles” since the raid began on Oct. 5.

Palestinians watch as smoke rises following Israeli strikes, amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, in Nuseirat in the central Gaza Strip, November 1, 2024. REUTERS/Ahmed Mustafa
© Thomson Reuters
Meanwhile, COGAT, the Israeli army’s Palestinian civilian affairs agency, said it facilitated the launch of the second round of a polio vaccination campaign in northern Gaza on Saturday and that 58,604 children have received a dose.
The Gaza health ministry said Israel’s military offensive in northern Gaza was stopping them from vaccinating thousands of children in Jabalia, Beit Lahiya, and Beit Hanoun.
It said one clinic came under Israeli fire while parents brought their children for the anti-polio dose on Saturday, where four children were injured.
The head World Health Organization said in a statement the incident took place despite a humanitarian pause agreed upon by the two warring parties, Israel and Hamas, to allow the vaccination campaign.
“A @WHO team was at the site just before. This attack, during humanitarian pause, jeopardises the sanctity of health protection for children and may deter parents from bringing their children for vaccination,” Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a post on X on Saturday.
“These vital humanitarian-area-specific pauses must be absolutely respected. Ceasefire!,” he said.
The Israeli military has not commented on Tedros’ remarks.
A larger ceasefire that would end the war and see the release of Israeli and foreign hostages held captive in Gaza as well as Palestinians jailed by Israel remains remote due to disagreements between Hamas and Israel.
Hamas wants an agreement to end the war permanently, refusing recent offers for temporary truces, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says war can only end when Hamas is eradicated.
The war erupted after Hamas-led militants attacked Israel on Oct. 7, 2023, killing some 1,200 people and taking 251 hostages back to Gaza, according to Israeli tallies.
Israel’s retaliatory offensives have killed more than 43,000 Palestinians and reduced most of Gaza to rubble.
You may like
If you kpai without making ur wife or children signatory to your acc0unt. You will loose over 20% of your m0ney to the G0vt and the Lawyer that will pr0cess it.
OP-ED: OBJ: DEMOCRACY OR DEMOCRAZY IN DANGER? By Tahir Ibrahim Tahir Talban Bauchi.
Contesting against Soludo will not be easy but defeating him is doable— Dr. George Moghalu(Labour party Governorship Aspirant)
PRESIDENT TINUBU VOWS SEVERE PUNISHMENT FOR PLATEAU ATTACKERS, COMMISERATES WITH FAMILIES OF VICTIMS
God has told me that RCCG council meetings will soon be held on the moon – Pastor E.A Adeboye
Try and know your acc0unt 0fficer and have their contact, cos if dem bL0ck or R£strict your acc0unt That’s d easiest way to know what happened rather than going inside the bank and they may end up arr£sting you.
Trending
25 YEAR OLD FASHION DESIGNER ALLEGEDLY POISONED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND AT MARINE BASE, PORT HARCOURT

Published
7 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
25 YEAR OLD FASHION DESIGNER ALLEGEDLY
POISONED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND AT MARINE BASE, PORT HARCOURT
Ubong a fashion designer in Port Harcourt was allegedly P0sin£d by his girlfriend on Sunday evening at Marine base.
She allegedly hid his body under the bed for three days.
According to Ekwutosblog she confessed to p0sining him because he was constantly cheating on her.
Trending
Fear Grips Ogbunka as Security Forces Dismantle Deadly unknown gunmen Criminal Camp After Intense Gun Battle

Published
12 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Ogbunka community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State is still reeling from shock after a fierce gun duel between a Police-led Joint Security Team and a notorious unknown gunmen gang that had turned the area into a criminal hideout.
For over six hours on Friday, the peaceful town was shaken by the sound of gunfire and explosions as security operatives from the Nigerian Police Force, Nigerian Army (302 Artillery Regiment), Navy, Department of State Services (DSS), and the Anambra State Vigilante Group launched a coordinated assault on the gang’s base, following credible intelligence gathered over time.
Eyewitnesses say the gunshots could be heard from far distances, sparking fear and panic among villagers. “We didn’t know what was happening at first. The noise was like thunder,” said a local farmer who asked to remain anonymous. “It was later we heard that the security people were fighting unknown gunmen in the forest.”
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, the criminals had fortified their camp with improvised explosive devices, but these were diffused by the team’s superior firepower. In the aftermath, the operatives recovered food supplies, cooking equipment, and parts of vehicles believed to have been stolen and dismantled at the camp.
Though some of the suspects escaped with gunshot wounds, the security forces have now taken over the area to prevent regrouping and track down the fleeing criminals. The mission, according to the police, is far from over.
“This operation is part of our wider commitment to deny unrepentant criminals the space to cause havoc in Anambra State,” SP Ikenga stated. “We assure Ndi Anambra and all residents that the trust placed in us to protect lives and property is not taken for granted.”
Residents of Ogbunka are slowly returning to their routines, though many remain on edge. The incident serves as a stark reminder of the security challenges still facing rural communities—and the ongoing efforts by law enforcement to restore peace and normalcy.
Trending
Gladys Achese, sister to one of the detained domestic staff of former First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, has spoken out about the ordeal her family has endured.

Published
13 hours agoon
April 5, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Gladys Achese, sister to one of the detained domestic staff of former First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, has spoken out about the ordeal her family has endured.
Ekwutosblog Reports that Dame Jonathan detained 15 domestic staff over a missing jewelry valued at ₦750 million.
The staff have been held captive for years, sparking widespread outrage and calls for their release. Gladys’ sibling is among those detained without trial for six years. The case was brought to light by Pidom Nigeria’s social media post last year, prompting a single court session. However, the defendant’s sudden withdrawal led to an indefinite adjournment.
Gladys and her family are pleading with Nigerians to intervene and ensure a fair trial. The prolonged delay has taken a devastating toll on the family, causing immense emotional distress and disrupting their lives. They’re urging the public to help amplify their cry for justice, seeking a swift resolution to their ordeal.

If you kpai without making ur wife or children signatory to your acc0unt. You will loose over 20% of your m0ney to the G0vt and the Lawyer that will pr0cess it.

OP-ED: OBJ: DEMOCRACY OR DEMOCRAZY IN DANGER? By Tahir Ibrahim Tahir Talban Bauchi.

Contesting against Soludo will not be easy but defeating him is doable— Dr. George Moghalu(Labour party Governorship Aspirant)
Trending
- Trending6 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business6 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics6 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.