Connect with us

Columns

Israel’s Katz says Iran nuclear sites ‘exposed’ to strikes

Published

on

Spread the love

Israel’s new defense minister, Israel Katz, has hinted that Israel has an “opportunity” to target Iran’s nuclear program. He has also told military officials there will be no cease-fire with Hezbollah.

 

Israel will continue to hit Hezbollah with “full force,” says Israel’s defense minister The UN’s humanitarian agency says Israel often denied access to northern Gaza last month Gaza medical officials say at least 14 have been killed in Israeli strikes in the Palestinian territory on Tuesday Israel’s military says four of its soldiers have died in fighting in northern Gaza

This is a roundup of the latest developments in the conflicts in the Middle East on November 12, 2024.

Iran’s nuclear sites ‘more exposed than ever,’ says Israel’s Katz

Newly appointed Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz told military officials on Monday that Iran was “more exposed than ever to strikes on its nuclear facilities”.

“We have the opportunity to achieve our most important goal — to thwart and eliminate the existential threat to the State of Israel,” Katz added on X, formerly Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Israel_katz/status/1856076850352504875?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1856076850352504875%7Ctwgr%5Eeb0144dbf162d244c87aeea163c5f7488536c948%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Fisrael-s-katz-says-iran-nuclear-sites-exposed-to-strikes%2Flive-70761116

According to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Iran is rapidly advancing its nuclear program, and is continuing to increase stockpiles of uranium enriched to weapons grade levels in defiance of international demands.

IAEA head Rafael Grossi has warned that Iran possess enough uranium enriched to near- weapons-grade levels to make “several” nuclear bombs if it chose to do so.

Iran claims it’s nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

The always tense relations between Israel and its regional archenemy have recently worsened further amid tit-for-tat missile strikes.

Iran twice fired missiles directly on Israeli territory this year, drawing responses in kind from Israel.

No cease-fire with Hezbollah: Israeli defense minister

Israel’s new defense minister, Israel Katz, says he told military officials on Monday that there would be no cease-fire in Lebanon until “the goals of the war are achieved.”

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Katz wrote that he had told the General Defense Forum that “offensive activity should be continued in order to … realize the fruits of victory.”

“In Lebanon there will be no cease-fire and there will be no respite,” the post said.

https://twitter.com/Israel_katz/status/1856219485469839367?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1856219485469839367%7Ctwgr%5Eeb0144dbf162d244c87aeea163c5f7488536c948%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Fisrael-s-katz-says-iran-nuclear-sites-exposed-to-strikes%2Flive-70761116

Israeli leaders on Monday seemed to send mixed signals on the possibility of a cease-fire in Lebanon.

Foreign Minister Gideon Saar, who this week replaced Katz in the Foreign Ministry, said Israel was “working with the Americans on the issue,” reporting “a certain progress.”

Israel has escalated its hostilities against Lebanon’s Iran-backed Hezbollah militia since late September, beginning a ground offensive on September 30 after a previous campaign of intense airstrikes.

Iran-backed Hezbollah has been carrying out attacks on Israel since Israel began an offensive in Gaza against Hezbollah ally Hamas in response to deadly raids by the Palestinian militants in southern Israel on October 7, 2023.

Israeli army says 4 soldiers killed in northern Gaza

The Israeli army said on Tuesday that four of its soldiers had been killed in figthing in the northern Gaza Strip, where it has been carrying out a major offensive.

All four “fell during combat in the northern Gaza Strip” on Monday, a statement said.

The deaths bring to 376 the total number of Israeli soldiers killed in the Palestinian territory since the start of ground operations against Hamas militants in October last year.

Some 43,500 Palestinians have been killed during the campaign, according to health officials in Hamas-run Gaza. That figure does not distinguish between civilians and militants.

Israeli strikes in Gaza kill at least 14, officials say

Palestinian medical officials said two Israeli strikes in Gaza late on Monday and early on Tuesday have killed at least 14 people, including two children and a woman.

At least 11 people, including two children, died in a strike on the so-called Muwasi humanitarian zone west of Khan Younis, according to officials at Nasser Hospital.

Al-Awda Hospital officials say three people, including a woman, were killed in another strike that hit a house in Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza.

Israel hindering aid to northern Gaza, UN says

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, known as OCHA, says most of its bids to coordinate aid convoys and humanitarian visits to northern Gaza last month were denied or impeded by Israel.

OCHA says it made 98 requests for authorization to enter the war-stricken zone but only 15 made it through.

A spokesperson said Ocha was “worried about the fate of Palestinians remaining in North Gaza as the siege there continues, and urgently calls on Israel to open up the area to humanitarian operations at the scale needed, given the massive needs.”

Residents of northern Gaza are at risk of acute hunger as Israel carries out a major offensive therethat it says aims to prevent Hamas militants from regrouping.

Columns

I got married to man who wasn’t financially sound – Michelle Obama admits

Published

on

Spread the love

Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has admitted that Barack Obama was “not financially sound” when she met him.

The couple met in 1988 when Barack took a job at a law firm in Chicago where Michelle was already working.

Speaking on the podcast she hosts with her brother, Craig, Michelle spent much of their most recent episode discussing the importance of having a partner with financial stability.

Talking with British author Jay Shetty, Craig put the question directly to his famous sister.

He asked, “Would you be attracted to a guy who’s not financially sound when you meet him?”

Michelle immediately responded, “Uh, I married one.”

Craig then laughed and admitted to his sister that he’d set her up.

“Don’t you like that alley-oop I just threw you? In basketball, you just point—you don’t even have to say it,” he said.

Continue Reading

Columns

Nnamdi Kanu detained, prosecuted for making same remark as DSS DG, Ajayi – Ejimakor

Published

on

Spread the love

Aloy Ejimakor, the Special Counsel to Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has reacted to the comment by the Director General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Oluwatosin Ajayi, that Nigerians should defend themselves.

Ejimakor said Kanu was detained and is being prosecuted for making the same comment Ajayi made.

He disclosed that the same remark from Kanu led to the proscription of IPOB and hounding of Igbos as terrorists.

On Tuesday, the DSS DG said Nigerians must take responsibility for their own security, as the military, police, and intelligence agencies do not have the capacity to protect every community from terrorist attacks in Nigeria.

Speaking at a public engagement, the DSS DG made reference to past incidents in Bauchi State, where local communities successfully fought off Boko Haram insurgents without waiting for security forces.

Ajayi urged Nigerians to rethink their approach to self-defence, emphasising that communities must serve as the “first line of defence” against terrorists and other criminals

Reacting, Ejimakor posted on X: “Defend yourselves” is the same thing MAZI NNAMDI KANU said that was twisted to justify his extraordinary rendition & charging him for ‘incitement of violence.’

“It’s also the same thing that led to the proscription of IPOB & the hounding of young Igbos as terrorists. #Injustice.”

Continue Reading

Columns

Don’t ever have s$x with a drunk person no matter how much pressure they put on you to do so. They might turn it to r@pe- legal practitioner, Deji Adeyanju, advises

Published

on

Spread the love

Deji Adeyanju, a legal practitioner, has issued a crucial warning regarding sexual activity and consent, emphasizing the importance of refraining from engaging in sexual activity with someone who is intoxicated

Adeyanju took to his X page to stress that individuals under the influence of substances cannot provide informed consent, and engaging in sexual activity with them can have severe consequences, including potential claims of sexual assault or rape.

 

Never engage in sexual activity with someone intoxicated: Prioritize the well-being and safety of all individuals involved.

Ensure enthusiastic and informed consent*: Obtain clear and willing consent from all parties before engaging in sexual activity.

Prioritize well-being, safety , and autonomy:Respect the autonomy and boundaries of all individuals involved in any social interaction.

Adeyanju’s advice serves as a reminder of the significance of consent and respect in all interactions, promoting a culture of safety, respect, and enthusiastic consent.

Continue Reading

Trending