News
Strictly’s Aljaž: I left show to become a dad

Published
7 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogDancer Aljaž Škorjanec has said he took a break from Strictly to become a father, amid allegations he left following an altercation with a female professional.
On Friday, the Sun reported the Slovenian dancer agreed to leave the show in 2022 after an incident with another dancer.
But speaking in an interview with BBC News before the allegations were published in the Sun, Škorjanec said he left in order “to be a great dad and a great husband”.
In response to the allegations, Škorjanec’s representative said it was “untrue to say or suggest he was forced out or that he acted in an aggressive manner at any time”.
“Aljaž has the utmost respect for everyone he works with. He chose to leave the show in 2022 of his own accord but he has always loved Strictly and was delighted to be asked back,” the representative said.
“He is excited to make his return to the dancefloor this year.”
In the Sun article, a source alleged there had been “a pretty shocking altercation with another female dancer” on a night out during the Strictly Come Dancing live tour in 2022.
BBC Studios declined to comment on the alleged incident.
Škorjanec joined Strictly as a professional dancer in 2013. He took a two-year break starting in 2022, and in July it was announced he would be returning to this year’s show.
In a wide-ranging interview before the Sun published its story, Škorjanec said he and his wife, It Takes Two presenter Janette Manrara, were “desperate to become parents”.
“It was always something that we both really, really wanted,” he said.
“I asked myself, I actually feel like I have a choice here. I wanted to be a hands-on husband to a pregnant wife. I wanted to be a hands-on dad, to a little baby.
“So it was a no-brainer really. I really wanted to be there.”
The couple’s daughter Lyra was born last year, and Škorjanec said that he felt “so lucky” that he had been able to spend time with her.
“It’s the bonding time I could never get back,” he said.
He added that it had “worked out perfectly” because he is now going back to the show.
“After two years of doing that, I get to go back on Strictly and do something I love so much and I’m very, very fortunate and I’m very lucky that it worked out that way.”

The dog-loving couple have coordinated a new dance routine
© Tails.com
Manrara, who was also a professional dancer on Strictly, stepped back from the show in 2021 too.
Her dance partners included TV personality Peter Andre, This Morning doctor Dr Ranj Singh, and former JLS singer Aston Merrygold.
But the couple still enjoy dancing, and have worked together to choreograph a new jive routine inspired by dogs, capturing their spirit at their favourite time of day – dinner time.
“As dancers we take inspiration from lots of different things, normally a story we want to tell, or a painting, or a costume you’ve seen,” Manrara said.
“But to see doggies dancing, that was pretty cool, as we’ve never done anything like that before,” she added.
Škorjanec is now gearing up for the new season of Strictly, which starts later this month.
He said he was “really excited” to get back to choreographing and teaching, but added that he was also feeling a few nerves, having been away from the show for two years.
Rehearsals are already under way, but with a difference. This year, the BBC has introduced chaperones in all training room rehearsals, following allegations over the treatment of some former celebrity contestants on the show.
“I think it’s a great thing,” Škorjanec said of the chaperones.
“I think we need to go ahead with the most happiest, the most successful escapism for two hours every single Saturday when the show is on for millions of people.
“Strictly changed my life; it’s been the best thing that’s probably ever happened to me in terms of my career. I think whichever measures are taken are the right ones.”
You may like
I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss
Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state
Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release
Uromi killings: Defence Headquarters gives progress report
Lucid Had Another Record Quarter Thanks To Tesla Owners Who Jumped Ship
Ford’s EV, Hybrid Sales Surge In Q1 Ahead Of Tariff Chaos
News
Uromi killings: Defence Headquarters gives progress report

Published
53 minutes agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has confirmed that the political leaders from Edo and Kano states have ended the tension that emerged following the recent killings in Uromi, Edo State.
Director of Defence Media Operations, Major General Markus Kangye, stated on Thursday that both state governments have taken steps to address the issue. He noted that the Edo State leadership had visited Kano to engage with the affected families.
“So at the political level, everything has been resolved. I don’t think there is going to be any issue. Anybody or group causing apprehension or threats, if security agencies are aware, will be investigated,” Kangye said.
On the issue of herdsmen attacks in various parts of the country, including the FCT, Enugu, Benue, Ondo, Zamfara, and Cross River states, Kangye rejected claims that the military had relaxed its efforts.
“The military has not abandoned the war against violent herdsmen, terrorists, and bandits. We have neutralized many of them, and we are continuing the onslaught to get rid of them and their leaders,” he said.
Addressing speculations that Niger Republic may have withdrawn from the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), Kangye dismissed the reports as unverified.
“MNJTF was established by countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission to tackle the myriads of cross-border movement of terrorists and other criminals because what happens in one country affects the others. But if by chance, any of the countries pull out for any reason, it will have implications for others because the synergy of efforts will no longer be there. So efforts must be sustained to make sure this synergy is sustained in the Lake Chad Basin Commission countries,” he explained.
News
Human Rights Activist Omoyele Sowore Slams DSS Over Priorities

Published
3 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Renowned human rights activist Omoyele Sowore has criticized the Department of State Services (DSS) for its alleged selective enforcement of the law. Sowore questioned the DSS’s priorities, asking why they swiftly arrest individuals who plan protests or criticize the President, while failing to apprehend terrorists transporting guns from the North to the South.
Sowore’s comments come amid the ongoing crisis in Uromi, Edo State.
His statement highlights the perceived double standard in the DSS’s approach to maintaining national security.
This is not Sowore’s first encounter with the DSS. In 2019, he was arrested and detained for calling for a peaceful revolution. The charges against him were eventually struck out in February 2024, after a lengthy court battle.
https://x.com/nigeriainfofm/status/1907775497422954959?s=46
Sowore’s criticism of the DSS has sparked a conversation about the agency’s role in maintaining national security, while also respecting human rights and upholding the rule of law.
News
Police arrest pastor for alleged h0mosexuality in Port Harcourt

Published
3 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Rivers State Police have arrested Elijah, a cleric and General Overseer of a Port Harcourt church, over alleged homosexuality.
His arrest follows a leaked video showing him in a compromising situation.
According to the police, he has been charged to court.

I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss

Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state

Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release
Trending
- Trending5 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business5 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics5 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.