Connect with us

Trending

Tinubu Govt Vows To Flag Off 1000km Sokoto-Badagry Road Abandoned Since Obasanjo’s 1976 Regime

Published

on

Sokoto-Badagry highway
Spread the love

He asserted that the project was abandoned in 1976, during Olusegun Obasanjo admnistration, then as the Head of State, noting that Tinubu government was trying to revive it.

 

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has stated that the work on the 1000km Sokoto-Badagry highway project will be flagged off by next week.

Bayo Onanuga, the Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy disclosed this during an interview on Arise Television on Thursday.

He asserted that the project was abandoned in 1976, during Olusegun Obasanjo admnistration, then as the Head of State, noting that Tinubu government was trying to revive it.

 

He said; “The 1000km Sokoto-Badagry highway project will be flagged off by next week. The project will open up that part of the country.

 

“The project was conceived in 1976, during Obasanjo regime then, but it was later abandoned. This government is trying to revive it,” he added.

 

The Minister of Works, Engineer Nweze David Umahi, had in July said that the project would be flagged off in Kebbi State by President Tinubu in August.

 

He had stressed that work on the project would commence from the 258km section in the Kebbi axis.

 

The minister had also noted that the route of the highway was that of the oldest trans-Sahara trade which was initiated more than 48 years ago but not implemented until the coming of President Tinubu’s administration.

Trending

Plateau killings barbaric – CAN demands justice for victims

Published

on

Spread the love

The Northern Christian Association of Nigeria ,Northern CAN, has strongly condemned the recent killings in the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, where at least 52 people were killed.

The Chairman of Northern CAN, Rev. Joseph Hayab, described the killings as “barbaric” and “tragic.”

He expressed concern over the recurring violence in Northern Nigeria, calling for an end to the culture of bloodshed.

Hayab urged security agencies to intensify their efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and ensure justice is served.

Additionally, he appealed for peace, unity, and tolerance from religious, traditional, and community leaders, emphasizing that such violence should not become the new normal.

The association also commended the Plateau State Government for its response and arrests and encouraged citizens to cooperate with authorities in reporting suspicious activities.

Continue Reading

Trending

A 23-year-old Nigerian woman identified as Osarugbe, has d!ed in Libya. African beauty products

Published

on

Spread the love

She passed away at about 11:33am on Friday, April 4, 2025 after battling illness.

Anti-human trafficking advocate, Yakubu Oyiza and her team had been raising money to bring her back to Nigeria for better medical treatment as hospitals in Libya rejected her.

According to Oyiza, documents for burial, autopsy, and land to bury her in Libya have been arranged, all costing approximately 350,000.

She alleged that the family abandoned her since she fell sick and had earlier refused to go to Kano and pick her up the day she was supposed to be brought back to Nigeria.

In a Facebook post on Saturday, April 5, Oyiza revealed that some family members of the deceased called them asking for Osas’ properties. African beauty products

“Since yesterday that I called Osa’s family and told them their sister passed, they haven’t called me back to ask how far,” she wrote.

“We sent 350k for her burial (to Libya) which they are still asking for more but guess what? Osas’ family is calling for us her properties.

“They want her properties, we haven’t laid this girl to rest but they are making trouble with us for someone I don’t know for properties.

“Most of these young girls that run to Libya have something chasing them. I am devastated.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Nigerian content creator Brain Jotter is currently being accused of allegedly impregnating his colleague, Ekwutos, and telling her to ab-o-rt the pregnancy.

Published

on

Spread the love

 

She did the ab-0-rtion according to reports and since then, she has been having compli—ca—tions .. She is currently b@ttling with her life and the internet is not taking it easy on BrainJotter..

According to a source from Twitter, BrainJotter and Ekwutos have been busy knacking behind the scenes after creating content for us.. As a proud Igbo man, BrainJotter said he cant be eating Eba in a nylon so they decided to do it skin to skin..

A few months later, Ekwutos told BrainJotter that the results of his hardwork is finally out and positive but BrainJotter wasn’t ready for the responsibility so he told her to do away with it.. in the process , something happened and since then, Ekwutos has n0t been well!

They are currently trying to reach out to her family now as things are n0t looking good for her!

If you have any information, abeg check the handle for comment section reach out immediately!

Continue Reading

Trending