Politics
Tinubu to sack ministers, announce new cabinet

Published
5 months agoon
By
Ekwutos Blog
Barring any last-minute changes, the president is set to reshuffle his cabinet before the end of this week.
Ekwutosblog learnt that the President held a private meeting with Hadiza Bala-Usman, his Special Adviser on Policy Coordination and Head of the Central Delivery Coordination Unit.
This office is tasked with establishing criteria to evaluate ministers that will be retained or sacked.
Last month, before his two-week vacation, Tinubu hinted at this reshuffle, which many expected would be announced during his Independence Day speech on October 1 but it did not happen.
With his return at the weekend, indications emerged, yesterday, that some of the ministers were in a panic mode over the looming reshuffle.
Before leaving for the United Kingdom, sources indicated that Bala-Usman had compiled a performance assessment of the ministers.
This list has reportedly contributed to the current tension among those in the cabinet.
The extended meeting between the President and Bala-Usman at the Aso Rock Villa heightened these concerns.
Additionally, Zacchaeus Adedeji, Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service and Special Adviser on Revenue, as well as Minister of Works Dave Umahi, were also present during discussions.
Expectations are high for a cabinet announcement this week, particularly with a Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting scheduled for Wednesday, which may serve as a farewell for some ministers unless the President opts to postpone the reshuffle.
A presidential source told Guardian, “It is expected that before the end of the week, the President will announce a cabinet reshuffle.
“There is going to be a Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday, which may be a valedictory meeting for some of the ministers, except if the President decides to change his mind and delay the announcement.”
You may like
I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss
Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state
Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release
Uromi killings: Defence Headquarters gives progress report
Lucid Had Another Record Quarter Thanks To Tesla Owners Who Jumped Ship
Ford’s EV, Hybrid Sales Surge In Q1 Ahead Of Tariff Chaos
Politics
Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release

Published
53 minutes agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Abia State government has again, warned traditional rulers in the state against harbouring criminals in their communities, saying that they would be placed under watch.
The warning was sounded at Government House Umuahia by the Commissioner for Information, Okey Kanu, on Wednesday, while briefing Journalists on the outcome of this week’s executive council meeting presided over by Governor Alex Otti.
The State government also cautioned town union leaders to be vigilant and report all cases of suspicious movements involving criminal elements in their areas to security agents.
The Commissioner who disclosed that a popular businessman who was kidnapped in Ukwa East LGA a few weeks ago has been released, said that the State government would be using security agencies to beam light on all traditional rulers, to ascertain those who harbour criminals in their domains.
“As is usual with security matters, I may not want to go into details of what happened to the businessman, but the state government is advising Abians to remain vigilant. Town unions and traditional rulers must be alive to their duties of keeping watch over their domains.
“The state government is frowning seriously at this and the warning is that if you are caught in the act of harbouring criminals, you will be treated as one”, said Kanu.
He advised all commercial vehicle operators who have registered their vehicles in the ongoing registration policy to do so as strict enforcement of the initiative would soon start.
Politics
Recall: INEC declares petition against Natasha inadequate

Published
3 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
ABUJA: The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC on Thursday said the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan has not met the requirements of the constitution.
INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.
Politics
Nnamdi Kanu slams Igbo political leaders for neglect

Published
6 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The President-General of the Igbo Community Association (ICA), FCT, Engr. Ikenna Ellis-Ezenekwe, has disclosed that Nnamdi Kanu remains optimistic about securing his release from the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) by April 2025.
Following a visit to the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) at the DSS headquarters in Abuja, Ezenekwe issued a statement in which he revealed Kanu’s deep disappointment over the absence of strong Igbo leadership.
He lamented that many prominent figures in the region had failed to advocate for the interests of their people.
Despite spending years in detention, Kanu reportedly appeared healthy, had gained weight, and remained in high spirits. He reaffirmed his confidence in his legal team and expressed hope that the courts would grant him freedom in the coming weeks.
However, Kanu criticized Igbo political leaders for their inaction, stressing that the region was suffering due to a lack of vocal and influential advocates.
He also reflected on the historical neglect of Igbo freedom fighters, citing the case of Ralph Uwazurike, who, despite his initial efforts in the struggle for self-determination, was abandoned by his people during his imprisonment. According to Kanu, such repeated betrayals only serve to weaken the fight for the region’s future.
Ezenekwe further conveyed Kanu’s call for a referendum, describing it as a necessary step toward self-determination.
He maintained that Kanu believes he has committed no crime other than urging his people to awaken and demand their rights.
In his statement, Ezenekwe directly appealed to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, urging him to intervene in Kanu’s case. He reminded the president of his past role in the pro-democracy movement and called on him to demonstrate the political will to ensure Kanu’s release, arguing that his prolonged detention symbolizes political repression rather than justice.
The statement reads in part: “At the DSS headquarters in Abuja, I had the honor of visiting Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Our meeting served as a vital reminder of our shared struggle for recognition, justice, and the advancement of Igbo interests.
“During our discussion, Nnamdi Kanu, appearing healthier and more composed, reaffirmed his resilience despite his current circumstances. He expressed deep frustration over the lack of strong Igbo leadership, a void that has allowed the voice of the region to fade at a critical moment.
“He reflected on the abandonment of past freedom fighters, particularly Ralph Uwazurike, and warned that such neglect threatens the collective struggle for self-determination.
“At the peak of our conversation, Kanu passionately reiterated his call for a referendum, emphasizing that this is the only legitimate path forward. He maintained that he has committed no offense other than urging our people to rise from their slumber.
“His unwavering confidence in his legal team and his hope for release by the end of April 2025 stand as a testament to his dedication and fortitude.
“As our meeting drew to a close, I was moved by his resilience. Despite years of incarceration, his spirit remains unbroken. His message to the Igbo community was clear: we must never forsake those who have sacrificed for our liberation.
“In light of this encounter, I issue an earnest appeal to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I call on him to embrace the spirit of democracy and justice that once defined his own struggles and take decisive action to secure the freedom of our brother and hero, Nnamdi Kanu.
“Let this moment serve as a turning point—a renewed commitment to safeguarding the rights, dignity, and future of the Igbo people.”

I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss

Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state

Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release
Trending
- Trending5 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business5 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics5 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.