Politics
Trump works the fry station at McDonald’s in a bid to attract working-class voters

Published
6 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogUS Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump worked the fry station at a Pennsylvania McDonald’s on Sunday, drawing attention to his claims that Democratic nominee Kamala Harris lied about previously working in the fast-food industry.
As reporters and aides watched, an employee showed the former president how to dunk baskets of fries in oil, salt them, and put them into boxes using a scoop.
“It requires great expertise, actually, to do it right and to do it fast,” Trump said with a grin, putting away his suit jacket and wearing an apron over his shirt and tie.
The visit came as he tried to counter Democratic nominee Kamala Harris’s accounts on the campaign of working at a McDonald’s while at university, an experience that Trump has claimed — without offering evidence — never happened.
A large crowd lined the street outside the restaurant in Feasterville-Trevose, a place part of akey swing voter area in Pennsylvania.
The McDonald’s itself was shut off to the public during Trump’s visit, a fact which caused some controversy online. Images circulated Sunday night of a paper stuck to the restaurant’s door saying it would be closed until 4 pm local time to “accommodate a visit at the request of former President Trump and his campaign.”
After serving bags of takeout to people in the drive-thru lane, Trump leaned out of the window, still wearing the apron, to take questions from the media staged outside.
He joked about getting one reporter ice cream and when another asked what message he had for Harris on her 60th birthday on Sunday, Trump said, “I would say, ‘Happy Birthday, Kamala,’” adding, “I think I’ll get her some flowers.”
Trump did not directly answer the question of whether he might support increased minimum wages after seeing McDonald’s employees in action, but he said, “These people work hard. They’re great.”
Trump claims Harris ‘lied about working’ at McDonald’s
Trump has fixated in recent weeks on the summer job Harris said she held while at university, working the cash register and making fries at McDonald’s. Trump says the vice president has “lied about working” there but has not offered evidence.
Representatives for McDonald’s did not respond to a message about whether the company had employment records for one of its restaurants 40 years ago.
However, in an interview last month on MSNBC, the vice president pushed back on Trump’s claims, saying she worked at the fast-food chain four decades ago when she was in university.
“Part of the reason I even talk about having worked at McDonald’s is because there are people who work at McDonald’s in our country who are trying to raise a family,” she said. “I worked there as a student.”
Trump has long spread groundless claims about his opponents based on their personal history, particularly women and racial minorities.
Before he ran for president, Trump was a leading voice of the “birther” conspiracy that baselessly claimed President Barack Obama was not an American citizen and therefore was ineligible to be president.
During his first run for president, Trump also repeated a tabloid’s claims that Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s father, who was born in Cuba, had links to President John F Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald.
Trump even said during his presidential debate with Harris that Haitian immigrants who had settled in Ohio were eating residents’ pets — a claim he suggested in an interview on Saturday was still true even though he could provide no confirmation.
Why this McDonald’s?
“It is a fundamental value of my organisation that we proudly open our doors to everyone who visits the Feasterville community,” the McDonald’s location’s owner, Derek Giacomantonio, said in a statement.
“That’s why I accepted former President Trump’s request to observe the transformative working experience that 1 in 8 Americans have had: a job at McDonald’s.”
Trump is especially partial to McDonald’s Big Macs and Filet-o-Fish sandwiches. He’s talked often about how he trusts big chains more than smaller restaurants since they have big reputations to maintain, and the former president’s staff often pick up McDonald’s and serve it on his plane.
Jim Worthington, a Trump supporter and fundraiser who owns a nearby athletic complex and chaired Pennsylvania’s delegation to the Republican National Convention, said he arranged Trump’s visit to the locally owned McDonald’s franchise.
The campaign contacted him about looking for a McDonald’s in Pennsylvania, and Worthington started searching. He got in touch with Giacomantonio through a friend and talked the franchise owner through some initial nervousness.
Giacomantonio needed to know that McDonald’s corporate offices would be OK with it, first. Second, he was concerned that being seen as a Trump supporter would hurt his business or a spark boycott, Worthington said.
“He certainly had concerns, but I eased his mind, and talked to him about the benefits,” Worthington said.
You may like
Nigerian content creator Brain Jotter is currently being accused of allegedly impregnating his colleague, Ekwutos, and telling her to ab-o-rt the pregnancy.
Benue: Over 210 cows killed, stolen in Agatu – Youth group raises alarm
DR Congo and M23 rebels engage in peace talks
Protesters rally against Trump, Musk in ‘Hands Off!’ gatherings nationwide
Attacks on Plateau communities unacceptable – NSGF
Abia Police Commissioner Dismisses Three Officers for Abduction and Extortion
Politics
DR Congo and M23 rebels engage in peace talks

Published
3 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The government of the Democratic Republic of Congo and M23 rebels engaged in peace talks in Qatar after days of unrest. M23 has withdrawn from the town of Walikale and talks will continue next week.
A delegation of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) government held fresh talks with M23 rebels in Qatar last week about stopping the fighting in the country’s east, a source close to the discussions told news Reuters and AFP news agencies on Saturday.
Both sides have not yet commented on the talks.
The first round of talks was held in late March, which a source close to discussions described as “positive.” The meeting was held in private and talks are set to continue in Doha on April 9.
“Further talks are now expected in Doha, again with the Qataris mediating, to sustain the momentum and explore constructive solutions to end the conflict peacefully,” the source told AFP news agency.
The country’s army on Thursday said rebels had withdrawn from the mining hub of Walikale as decided during talks in March. Initially, they had accused the M23 of not following through on their commitment.
Walikale is the furthest west the M23 has reached.
The conflict in Congo
The eastern Congo conflict’s complexity, rooted in the aftermath of the 1994 Rwandan genocide and competition for mineral resources, is further complicating the mediation efforts.
The DRC has vast reserves of lithium and cobalt and other minerals, especially in the east. This has led to several rebellions and clashes over control of the region.
The ethnic Tutsi-led M23 rebel group was founded in 2012 and remains one of the most powerful rebel groups to operate in the region.
Rwanda has been accused of backing M23, which it has denied.
The unrest in Congo has also spread around the region, with Uganda and Burundi both having troops in the country.
Edited by: Zac Crellin
Politics
Attacks on Plateau communities unacceptable – NSGF

Published
4 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF) has condemned the recent attacks on five communities in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, describing them as “unacceptable” and a serious threat to the peace and stability of the region.
In a statement issued in Gombe, the Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya, expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident, which claimed several lives and left many others, including women and children, injured.
“The attacks on innocent people are completely unacceptable,” Yahaya said. “We must all stand together in condemning these brutal assaults.”
The statement, released by Ismaila Uba-Misilli, the Director-General of Press Affairs at Gombe Government House, conveyed Yahaya’s condolences to the families of the victims and the people of Plateau.
He described the continuous violence in northern rural communities as a “stain on both the region and the nation,” emphasizing that the sanctity of human life must never be taken lightly.
Yahaya commended Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang for his swift response to the attacks and acknowledged the efforts of security forces in restoring order.
However, he urged authorities to intensify their search for the perpetrators and ensure justice is served.
“The government must not relent in hunting down those responsible for these heinous acts. There can be no justification for the shedding of innocent blood.”
Yahaya stressed the importance of fostering peace and mutual understanding between farmers and herders to promote tolerance and prevent further conflicts.
“As governors in the North, we remain dedicated to ending the cycle of violence through improved security collaboration, dialogue, and policies aimed at fostering peace and unity,” he reaffirmed.
The NSGF Chairman further called on all stakeholders, including religious and community leaders, to support the government’s peace initiatives by promoting dialogue, tolerance, and forgiveness.
Politics
Abia Govt Denies Alleged Engagement Of ESN To Fight Crime, Warns Against Fake News

Published
6 hours agoon
April 6, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
The Abia State Government has debunked reports circulating on social media claiming that Governor Alex Otti has approved the engagement of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), a security arm of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), to combat criminal activities and protect farmers in the state.
The government described the report, credited to a faceless blogger, as false, malicious, and a deliberate attempt to mislead the public and create unnecessary tension in the state. In a statement issued on Sunday, April 6, 2025, by Ferdinand Ekeoma, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity and made available to ABN TV, the government expressed concern over the resurgence of the fake report, noting that the same falsehood had earlier been circulated but was ignored.
“For the records, the government of Abia State under the leadership of Dr. Alex Otti could not have contemplated embracing the services of non-state actors to fight criminals and insecurity of any kind in any part of the state,” the statement read.
Ekeoma emphasized that Governor Otti’s administration has continued to rely on conventional security agencies to tackle crime in the state, citing the establishment of a joint security taskforce code-named “Operation Crush” as a testament to the government’s commitment to security. He noted that “Operation Crush” has recorded significant successes in combating crime across the state, despite isolated cases of armed robbery and kidnapping which are being addressed. The government warned those behind the fake news campaign to desist from actions capable of inciting fear and violence in the state, warning that such actions will attract severe consequences when perpetrators are identified.
Abia residents were urged to disregard the false report and remain confident in the government’s efforts to ensure their safety.

Nigerian content creator Brain Jotter is currently being accused of allegedly impregnating his colleague, Ekwutos, and telling her to ab-o-rt the pregnancy.

Benue: Over 210 cows killed, stolen in Agatu – Youth group raises alarm

DR Congo and M23 rebels engage in peace talks
Trending
- Trending6 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business6 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics6 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment6 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics6 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.