Trending
Zelensky sacks Ukraine air force commander Oleshchuk

Published
7 months agoon
By
Ekwutos BlogVolodymyr Zelensky has sacked the commander of Ukraine’s air force, Lt Gen Mykola Oleshchuk, amid debate over the destruction of one of the country’s valuable new F-16 fighter jets.
Mr Zelensky did not give a reason for the dismissal, but in a post to Telegram he said that it was his responsibility to “take care of all our warriors”.
On Monday, one of the F-16 fighter jets delivered earlier this month from Ukraine’s Western allies went down during a barrage of Russian missiles, killing the pilot.
The cause of the crash was not a direct result of an enemy strike, Ukraine said, and Lt Gen Oleshchuk sparred with some politicians over who was to blame for the loss.
In his post to Telegram, Mr Zelensky said he had decided to replace Lt Gen Oleschuk, noting that “at the command level, we must strengthen ourselves and protect our people”.
“I am immensely grateful to all our military pilots, all engineers, all mobile fire group warriors, and all air defence personnel,” Mr Zelensky said.
“To everyone who is truly fighting for Ukraine, for results. And this is just as necessary at the command level, we must strengthen ourselves and protect our people. Protect the personnel, protect all our warriors.”
Lt Gen Anatolii Kryvonozhko was appointed interim commander of the air force, the army’s general staff said in a statement. The officer previously oversaw Ukraine’s central air command, leading operations in the centre of the country.
He takes charge as officials have clashed over the loss of the F-16 jet, which has ignited fierce debate in Ukraine.
Ukrainian politician Mariana Bezuhla, who sits on a parliamentary defence committee, claimed on Thursday that the jet was downed by Ukraine’s Patriot air defence system.
Mr Oleshchuk responded earlier on Friday that an investigation was underway and no one was hiding anything. He accused Ms Bezuhla of discrediting military leadership and said the time would come for an apology.
After the announcement of his dismissal, Ms Bezuhla posted on social media that truth would prevail.
Around 65 F-16s have been pledged by Nato countries since US President Joe Biden first authorised willing European allies to send them to Ukraine in August 2023.
Mr Zelensky has dismissed multiple military commanders since the war with Russia began in February 2022.
In February this year, he sacked the commander-in-chief of the country’s armed forces, Valerii Zaluzhnyi.
And in June, he dismissed Lt Gen Yuriy Sodol after public criticism about the top general’s excessive casualties and accusations of incompetence.
Lt Gen Oleshchuk came as Ukraine continues its incursion into the Kursk region in Russia, which started with a surprise offensive on 6 August.
The commander of Ukraine’s armed forces, Gen Oleksandr Syrskyi, said on Friday his troops had advanced a further 2 km (1.2 miles) into Kursk over the past day.
Also on Friday, a Ukrainian delegation met US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin in Washington.
The head of the Ukrainian president’s office, Andriy Yermak, and Defence Minister Rustem Umerov spoke about the situation on the battlefield, the need for weapons and equipment, and recent attacks on the energy system, the office said.
The Ukrainians said the country needs to strengthen its air defence in order to protect people and critical infrastructure.
You may like
Because the husband could not afford 500k for her M£dical Bill the H0spital rejected her and she kpai eventually From the L£gal point of view Can we hold the h0spital responsible for the D£@th of the pr£gnant lady?
US will stay in NATO, but it must be ‘stronger’, Marco Rubio tells his 31 counterparts
I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss
Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state
Security: Abia govt to keep close watch on traditional rulers, confirms kidnap victim’s release
Uromi killings: Defence Headquarters gives progress report
Trending
Imo State Government bans all forms of task force in the state

Published
2 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
His Excellency the Governor of Imo State, Dist. Sen. (Dr) Hope Uzodinma, CON, GSSRS, has approved the ban on all forms of task force currently operating under any guise or MDA in the state.
Ekwutosblog reports that in a Public Service Announcement issued by the Secretary to the State Government the public is advised to be guided accordingly, subsequently.
The ban on task force in the state has become necessary following their incessant activities which has constituted nuisances to the general public and paints the image of the government in bad light.
Following the approval of His Excellency, on this issue, Government therefore warns that anyone or group of persons operating as task force under any guise will be apprehended by security operatives who have been directed to get rid of all forms of task force in the State and such culprits would be made to face the full weight of Law.
I.A OGUZIE Npom Fcal
For secretary to the State Government.
Trending
One dead, three injured in Jos Sara-Suka fight

Published
3 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
One person was killed, and three others sustained injuries in a violent clash between rival groups known as Sara-Suka in the Yantifa community of Jos North Local Government Area, Plateau State.
According to residents, members of the rival gangs, armed with machetes, attacked one another on Tuesday evening, causing panic and forcing people to flee.
A local vigilante, Lawan Chizo, confirmed the incident and said security forces, including soldiers, were deployed to restore order.
He noted that the clash involved members of the Sara-Suka groups from Anguwan Rogo and Yantifa, who have been engaged in ongoing conflicts.
“There is still fear among residents, but normalcy has been restored,” Chizo stated.
In response to the violence, the Plateau State Commissioner of Police has called for an emergency meeting with community leaders to address the activities of Sara-Suka in the area.
The latest violence comes just two days after three members of Sara-Suka were killed in another clash near the Al-Mohap praying ground.
Trending
Myanmar earthquake death toll crosses 3,000

Published
4 hours agoon
April 3, 2025By
Ekwutos Blog
Death toll from Myanmar’s devastating earthquake has surpassed 3,000, with hundreds more missing.
This is as forecasts of unseasonal rain presented a new challenge for rescue and aid workers trying to reach people in a country riven by civil war.
Ekwutosblog reports that the last Friday’s 7.7-magnitude quake, one of the Southeast Asian nation’s strongest in a century, jolted a region home to 28 million, toppling buildings, flattening communities and leaving many without food, water and shelter.
Myanmar’s embassy in Japan said on Facebook that on Wednesday, deaths rose to 3,003 with 4,515 injured and 351 missing, while rescuers scramble to find more.
However, conditions could get even tougher for the huge relief effort after weather officials warned unseasonal rain from Sunday to April 11 could threaten the areas hardest-hit by the quake, such as Mandalay, Sagaing and the capital Naypyidaw.
“Rain is incoming and there are still so many buried. And in Mandalay, especially, if it starts to rain, people who are buried will drown even if they’ve survived until this point,” an aid worker in Myanmar said.
The embassy in Japan added in its post that there have been 53 airlifts of aid to Myanmar, while more than 1,900 rescue workers arrived from 15 countries, including Southeast Asian neighbours and China, India and Russia.
According to state television, despite the devastation, junta chief Min Aung Hlaing will leave his disaster-stricken country on Thursday for a rare trip to a regional summit in Bangkok.
The visit is said to be an uncommon foreign visit for a general regarded as a pariah by many countries and the subject of Western sanctions and an International Criminal Court investigation.

Because the husband could not afford 500k for her M£dical Bill the H0spital rejected her and she kpai eventually From the L£gal point of view Can we hold the h0spital responsible for the D£@th of the pr£gnant lady?

US will stay in NATO, but it must be ‘stronger’, Marco Rubio tells his 31 counterparts

I want to register my Busin£ss with CAC (c0porate affairs c0mmission) Atanda, but i don’t know if I should R£gister as a Busin£ss name or as a Limited Liability C0mpany Atanda pls, can you guide me and advice me on the best option to choose I am into Dry Cleaning Busin£ss
Trending
- Trending5 months ago
NYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
- Business5 months ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
- Politics5 months ago
Mexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
- Politics5 months ago
Russia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
- Politics5 months ago
Putin invites 20 world leaders
- Politics1 year ago
Nigerian Senate passes Bill seeking the establishment of the South East Development Commission.