Connect with us

Trending

Organisers Disown Adegboruwa, Say Protests Will Continue Till FG Meets Demands

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Organisers of the #EndBadGovernance protests against economic hardship say the nationwide rallies which entered the second day on Friday will continue till President Bola Tinubu addresses their demands.

Damilare Adenola, Director of Mobilisation of Take It Back Movement, a non-governmental organisation, stated this on Friday.

In an interesting twist, Adenola said human rights lawyer Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa does not speak for his group though the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) had written security agencies to seek protection for them before the rallies.

The youth activist said his group won’t suspend the 10-day protests despite Adegboruwa’s pleas that the demonstrations be called off because fifth columnists have infiltrated the rallies to wreak havoc.

He said the protests might exceed 10 days depending on the response of the government.

Adenola said, “Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa is not our lawyer and he doesn’t speak for us. He might have presented himself as the solicitor but he is not hungry. He is a senior advocate of Nigeria who lives well. He is not hungry like the people taking over the streets.”

“We are waiting for the government to respond to us and address our demands. And until then, the protests continue,” he said, adding that though the demands of protesters have not been addressed, a statement has been made to the government of the day.

He said the protests have shown Nigerians they can hold their leaders accountable.

Asked whether the protests were being sponsored by anyone, he said the sponsors of these protests were hunger and economic deprivation.

Adenola said if the Federal Government is sincere and concerned with the plights of the people, the President would have addressed the demands of the protesters by now.

Trending

Plateau killings barbaric – CAN demands justice for victims

Published

on

Spread the love

The Northern Christian Association of Nigeria ,Northern CAN, has strongly condemned the recent killings in the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, where at least 52 people were killed.

The Chairman of Northern CAN, Rev. Joseph Hayab, described the killings as “barbaric” and “tragic.”

He expressed concern over the recurring violence in Northern Nigeria, calling for an end to the culture of bloodshed.

Hayab urged security agencies to intensify their efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and ensure justice is served.

Additionally, he appealed for peace, unity, and tolerance from religious, traditional, and community leaders, emphasizing that such violence should not become the new normal.

The association also commended the Plateau State Government for its response and arrests and encouraged citizens to cooperate with authorities in reporting suspicious activities.

Continue Reading

Trending

A 23-year-old Nigerian woman identified as Osarugbe, has d!ed in Libya. African beauty products

Published

on

Spread the love

She passed away at about 11:33am on Friday, April 4, 2025 after battling illness.

Anti-human trafficking advocate, Yakubu Oyiza and her team had been raising money to bring her back to Nigeria for better medical treatment as hospitals in Libya rejected her.

According to Oyiza, documents for burial, autopsy, and land to bury her in Libya have been arranged, all costing approximately 350,000.

She alleged that the family abandoned her since she fell sick and had earlier refused to go to Kano and pick her up the day she was supposed to be brought back to Nigeria.

In a Facebook post on Saturday, April 5, Oyiza revealed that some family members of the deceased called them asking for Osas’ properties. African beauty products

“Since yesterday that I called Osa’s family and told them their sister passed, they haven’t called me back to ask how far,” she wrote.

“We sent 350k for her burial (to Libya) which they are still asking for more but guess what? Osas’ family is calling for us her properties.

“They want her properties, we haven’t laid this girl to rest but they are making trouble with us for someone I don’t know for properties.

“Most of these young girls that run to Libya have something chasing them. I am devastated.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Nigerian content creator Brain Jotter is currently being accused of allegedly impregnating his colleague, Ekwutos, and telling her to ab-o-rt the pregnancy.

Published

on

Spread the love

 

She did the ab-0-rtion according to reports and since then, she has been having compli—ca—tions .. She is currently b@ttling with her life and the internet is not taking it easy on BrainJotter..

According to a source from Twitter, BrainJotter and Ekwutos have been busy knacking behind the scenes after creating content for us.. As a proud Igbo man, BrainJotter said he cant be eating Eba in a nylon so they decided to do it skin to skin..

A few months later, Ekwutos told BrainJotter that the results of his hardwork is finally out and positive but BrainJotter wasn’t ready for the responsibility so he told her to do away with it.. in the process , something happened and since then, Ekwutos has n0t been well!

They are currently trying to reach out to her family now as things are n0t looking good for her!

If you have any information, abeg check the handle for comment section reach out immediately!

Continue Reading

Trending